It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

22 players there (inc Ortega, so at least 2/3 a week arent even making the bench
Suggested line-ups - ideas, not to be forensically analysed as all manner of things can play a part - injuries, illness, progress, performance.

First problem is having Walker in 3/4. He will not be used this much.
First problem is having Walker in 3/4. He will not be used this much.
I agree. But this would be in games where you expect to be able to attack, a lot. The strength of the attacking midfield is to dominate possession in the attacking areas. Walker's pace provides the cover for the odd counter and for the wide attacking midfielders to supplement the centre mid when the ball is turned over.

You’re in for a season of frustration if you expect to see much of any of these formations— for a (many) reason(s)
Expect and want are not the same.

I want us to give more opportunities to the best academy players. I hope it will happen. I am not certain that it will.

Suggested line-ups - ideas, not to be forensically analysed as all manner of things can play a part - injuries, illness, progress, performance.
Still means keeping some around on the off chance they need something to fall there way to even see the bench, never mind the pitch. A total waste of kids at 18-21 for me, when they could find 20-30 starts elsewhere.

Keep 2, loan 2. Keep the squad about 20 deep. Bobb can still rotate into the EDS for games he doesn't make, he wont lose much still being the 'inbetween' player. Think is just too many (Gomez,Palmer, Perrone, Bobb & McAtee) to shuffle as it stands.

Expect and want are not the same.

I want us to give more opportunities to the best academy players. I hope it will happen. I am not certain that it will.
They will be given the opportunities Pep sees fit. They will not be favored (and risked) for being Academy products

I agree. But this would be in games where you expect to be able to attack, a lot. The strength of the attacking midfield is to dominate possession in the attacking areas. Walker's pace provides the cover for the odd counter and for the wide attacking midfielders to supplement the centre mid when the ball is turned over.
Could also argue there'd be less counters if someone better on the ball was playing over walker. He'll go through stretches this season where he's on the game sheet for a while consecutively, and then vice-versa.

They will be given the opportunities Pep sees fit. They will not be favored (and risked) for being Academy products
You are stating the obvious there. There is nothing to suggest that any new buy would be more productive than the academy players, certainly not Olise or Doku, and nothing to suggest that is true either.

You are stating the obvious there. There is nothing to suggest that any new buy would be more productive than the academy players, certainly not Olise or Doku, and nothing to suggest that is true either.
I would argue otherwise

Gus, I think you misunderstood me.

Without giving the academy players a chance, we cannot say either way.
Pep can however say from what he will have seen.
I'm all for promoting academy players ( especially like the look of MacAtee) but IF Pep does sign a new player like Olise or Doku it means he doesn't believe they are ready.
Palmer looks a world beater in the,EDS but he hasn't managed the step up yet...he may well do but his performances so far in the first team suggest there is a way to go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.