It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That is the point - City CAN now offer it with the departure of Mahrez.

My suggested line-ups would be something like this:

=========Ederson========
Walker==Stones==Dias==Ake
===========Rodri=========
KDB=======Foden=====Grealish
======Alvarez===Haaland=====

=========Ederson========
Walker==Stones==Dias==Akanji
===========Rodri===========
====Bernardo=====Kovacic
Palmer===============Bobb
===========Haaland=======

=========Ederson========
Lewis==Stones==Gvardiol==Ake
=======Phillips====Kovacic=====
Bernardo====Foden=====Gomez
=========Haaland=====

=========Ederson========
Walker======Dias==Gvardiol
Bobb====KDB===Foden===Grealish
==========McAtee=========
=========Haaland==========

We cannot judge these players when they come on in the midst of eight or ten changes at once, nor when they play as part of a weakened team in a cup game. Judge them as part of full strength teams, playing and learning from the best.
I only like the first one outside of league Cup.

That is the point - City CAN now offer it with the departure of Mahrez.

My suggested line-ups would be something like this:

=========Ederson========
Walker==Stones==Dias==Ake
KDB=======Foden=====Grealish
======Alvarez===Haaland=====

=========Ederson========
Walker==Stones==Dias==Akanji
===========Rodri===========
====Bernardo=====Kovacic
Palmer===============Bobb
===========Haaland=======

=========Ederson========
Lewis==Stones==Gvardiol==Ake
=======Phillips====Kovacic=====
Bernardo====Foden=====Gomez
=========Haaland=====

=========Ederson========
Walker======Dias==Gvardiol
Bobb====KDB===Foden===Grealish
==========McAtee=========
=========Haaland==========

We cannot judge these players when they come on in the midst of eight or ten changes at once, nor when they play as part of a weakened team in a cup game. Judge them as part of full strength teams, playing and learning from the best.

Agreed. But, that said, Guardiola sees these guys in training every day. Let's see if he sees something he likes.

Pep can however say from what he will have seen.
I'm all for promoting academy players ( especially like the look of MacAtee) but IF Pep does sign a new player like Olise or Doku it means he doesn't believe they are ready.
Palmer looks a world beater in the,EDS but he hasn't managed the step up yet...he may well do but his performances so far in the first team suggest there is a way to go
Or, he believes that we need a bit more cover because the squad is small - as it was last year. I could definitely understand that.

You are stating the obvious there. There is nothing to suggest that any new buy would be more productive than the academy players, certainly not Olise or Doku, and nothing to suggest that is true either.

Olise was one of the best young wingers in Europe last season. Probably top 3 most dangerous. He got 11 assists and created 75 chances only Kev , Mahrez and Bruno Fernandes created more. His stats for the season put him above 98 percent of players in the Premier league. Finished 4th in the assists charts. He's 21. If he continues at that rate he's going to be one of the best wingers and chance creators in the league and europe rivaling Kevin.

He's one of the most productive wingers in Europe. I'd love for us to give academy players a go and more experience but Olise is looking to be a outstanding talent. Which would add alot to us right now

There's a reason we want him.

Olise was one of the best young wingers in Europe last season. Probably top 3 most dangerous. He got 11 assists and created 75 chances only Kev , Mahrez and Bruno Fernandes created more. His stats for the season put him above 98 percent of players in the Premier league. Finished 4th in the assists charts. He's 21. If he continues at that rate he's going to be one of the best wingers and chance creators in the league and europe rivaling Kevin.

He's one of the most productive wingers in Europe. I'd love for us to give academy players a go and more experience but Olise is looking to be a outstanding talent. Which would add alot to us right now

Bloody good player.

Anyone worth their salt can see that just from watching the kid.

I’d welcome him all day.

I'm sure I read that he was with our academy - is that true?

I'm sure I read that he was with our academy - is that true?

Yea he spent some time with us and Chelsea at academy level. Could only find this ,

"Olise was previously in Chelsea’s academy from 2009 to 2016, before moving to City, and then Reading where he rose to prominence."

You are stating the obvious there. There is nothing to suggest that any new buy would be more productive than the academy players, certainly not Olise or Doku, and nothing to suggest that is true either.
If that was the case we would not be looking for wide players to bring in, Olise and Doku are far further up the career ladder than Cole, Bob or Mcatee, that's just fact and not looking down on our youth.

McAtee and Bob I am sure will stay and play minor parts, but Palmer has to be playing week in week out this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.