It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I doubt we are the ones in for Caicedo looks like a brief to just get Chelsea to pay the money , but unlike Chelsea we do have leverage with Brighton as they want Palmer.

I doubt we are the ones in for Caicedo looks like a brief to just get Chelsea to pay the money , but unlike Chelsea we do have leverage with Brighton as they want Palmer.
Caicedo would solve our number 8 puzzle. Then you’d have Bernardo/Grealish as the main pairing out wide with Foden/Alvarez/Bobb alternating. I think we’ve got 2 more incomings. Maybe one that’s not as known a name as even Olise or Doku, but a prospect. But a midfielder for sure.

We already have Kova for the number 8 puzzle. Caicedo is just as prolific as Kova if you are after goals from midfield.

Caicedo would solve our number 8 puzzle. Then you’d have Bernardo/Grealish as the main pairing out wide with Foden/Alvarez/Bobb alternating. I think we’ve got 2 more incomings. Maybe one that’s not as known a name as even Olise or Doku, but a prospect. But a midfielder for sure.

Maybe west ham have gone back in for Phillips, they pulled out of the James Ward Prowse deal. We could use that money then for Caicedo. We were interested in him before. But it does feel like a brief to get Chelsea to pay the money.

We already have Kova for the number 8 puzzle. Caicedo is just as prolific as Kova if you are after goals from midfield.
Add alot more staability though if you wanna give KDB/Foden free roam in the 8's

Haaland
Grealish Foden KDB Silva
Rodri Caicedo
Gvardiol Dias Stones

Lets the front five worry less about retention and more on creation? at a guess anyway, doubt its us.

Add alot more staability though if you wanna give KDB/Foden free roam in the 8's

Haaland
Grealish Foden KDB Silva
Rodri Caicedo
Gvardiol Dias Stones

Lets the front five worry less about retention and more on creation? at a guess anyway, doubt its us.
Just swap Kovacic for Caicedo there, he can do exactly the same job.

Maybe west ham have gone back in for Phillips, they pulled out of the James Ward Prowse deal. We could use that money then for Caicedo. We were interested in him before. But it does feel like a brief to get Chelsea to pay the money.
I'd guess it's either a brief or if not it's actually us. Would be perfect to play RB if Walker leaves, while also being able to play as a 6 or 8. Such a Pep player and perfect for our needs.

Caicedo - Brighton reject Chelsea bid of 80m. Chelsea about to return with an improved offer.

Suddenly, "Someone" bids 80m. Fuck me, what a laugh.

99% chance it won't be accepted on face. The 1% is if Chelsea can't do the deal. If you know they are all in on the deal, they've moved money suggesting a 90+ bid, and the player is set, then it's much less than 1%. Second bidder could also limit the offer to 48 hours, or subject to withdrawl, to cover their arse.

It is all but a shot to nothing. In the <1% worst case scenario, the club get a player they could definitely use.

Best case scenario, it causes concern and complication for Chelsea. It forces them to spend the extra few mill.

You also likely get information about Chelsea and Brighton.

I'm almost positive it's City, just as with the Rice bid - because the one requirement is to actually have access to the money. Otherwise, it's a stupid game that could cost you your job and reputation.

Who else has that money? Saudi, I suppose.

I'm almost positive we are routinely fucking with rivals this year. The flip side of the move, apart from pressuring the buyer to pay top dollar, you are also saying to them..... ohh. We could buy him for that. I mean, we could easily justify that sort of midfielder. And we could fund the deal. But we aren't really bothered. You lot are tho. In fact, that's your entire summer, your budget, all plans, and you're going all in. On a player we don't rate that highly.

Classic poker psychology. Show you have the stack. You have the flexibility to move. Show you can read them and their opponent. And leave them with a touch of uncertainty over the value they are getting, just as they have to pay more and more for it. It undermines what should be their imminent and clear headline win, and denies them some of the psychological benefits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.