It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Add alot more staability though if you wanna give KDB/Foden free roam in the 8's

Haaland
Grealish Foden KDB Silva
Rodri Caicedo
Gvardiol Dias Stones

Lets the front five worry less about retention and more on creation? at a guess anyway, doubt its us.
Not for me and definetly not what Brighton are asking for Caicedo him. Kovacic is the logical choice.

Why wouldn't Liverpool? They were 3rd richest club in the world in the last Deloitte list, and have lost multiple players this window. Players like Fabinho, Henderson, Milner Firminho would have been some of their highest earners, and I Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain came in on big money, so were likely on pretty high wages.

I'd assume they've freed up shedloads of money that could be used for a new signings, and they need them a lot more than we do at the moment.
I mean my post was a bit silly, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Liverpool

Player sales stand at £50m - £120m already spent on new signings. Their basic wage bill will indeed be down. The figure suggests it's down £30m+ to ~£130m. Buuuut most of the £300m+ wage bill in 21/22 came from additional payments linked to incentives. This means they probably saved a few ten mill by being crap last year. The other thing to bear in mind is that a lot of the money is just for apperances - which means savings on people like Milner and others who weren't playing much are limited.

The flip side is the loss in prize money and CL revenue, as well as a couple of other areas. They had no wembley final last year. Sponsors also base a large amount of what they pay on incentives. CL revenue loss alone will amount to over £50m.

So, I'm not convinced they are happy financially. They bid less than 50m for Lavia. They're after another player for defence as well. With all the names thrown about, at no point since their last two signings have they been linked with anyone half as expensive as Caicedo. It will be Lavia plus maybe a 20-30m player.

Money doesn't really grow on trees, and that's definitely the case at FSG. If they have a war chest, they will be looking to protect what's left of it after COVID, and now the loss in revenue due to an unsuccessful season. They will get a nice new sponsorship for the shirt, but they also have to plough money into commercial avenues to get matchday and stadium revenue up.

Obviously early days but Rice looked like a fish out of water in their friendly versus Monaco.

That Fofana for Monaco looked top-class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.