It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

For those complaining about fees and I do get both sides of it (not your money/ effects perception and future signings).

I think we have had probably one of the most disorganised windows compared to others and it will leave us rightly with no choice but to overpay.

I think bidding now for these 2 (if we are) with the season right round the corner effects the other team a lot more and as such they will charge more (1 because they are less inclined to sell and 2 there replacements will cost more and 3 both have had a big name departure already and potentially again in Brightons case (I don’t think either need the money)).

We’ve done well to date this window (Gvardiol probably took longer but we didn’t want him to be the most expensive defender, which has obviously took a lot of agreement with probably the majority being upfront), but what happens now we have to live with.

We are very well run in my view. I agree with giving Gundogan time to make his decision and also Mahrez to leave if we got a fair price and wanted to go (I think this one in particular has caught us on the back foot).

We have had Walkers future up in the air (which we probably didn’t expect) and also managing Bernardo’s situation must take some doing. 2 amazing Portuguese players, 1 the ultimate professional and the other causing issues. 1 gets the move to Barca and the other does not (based on behaviour), this will take some managing and I believe this new contract (which no doubt gives a rise but a release clause, I don’t think it’s a guarantee he stays more then a season even if he signs).

So it’s been messy with a lot of other stuff and as such I think the knock on effect is we are late to the market and as such will have to overpay for one of these (don’t think we will get both) for the reasons given above.

Hopefully next summer it’s a bit more business as usual and we can get back to normal. To be clear this is not a criticism of the club it is the unpredictability of transfer windows.

I do wonder knowing what we know now, whether the club might have gone for MacAllister

For those complaining about fees and I do get both sides of it (not your money/ effects perception and future signings).

I think we have had probably one of the most disorganised windows compared to others and it will leave us rightly with no choice but to overpay.

I think bidding now for these 2 (if we are) with the season right round the corner effects the other team a lot more and as such they will charge more (1 because they are less inclined to sell and 2 there replacements will cost more and 3 both have had a big name departure already and potentially again in Brightons case (I don’t think either need the money)).

We’ve done well to date this window (Gvardiol probably took longer but we didn’t want him to be the most expensive defender, which has obviously took a lot of agreement with probably the majority being upfront), but what happens now we have to live with.

We are very well run in my view. I agree with giving Gundogan time to make his decision and also Mahrez to leave if we got a fair price and wanted to go (I think this one in particular has caught us on the back foot).

We have had Walkers future up in the air (which we probably didn’t expect) and also managing Bernardo’s situation must take some doing. 2 amazing Portuguese players, 1 the ultimate professional and the other causing issues. 1 gets the move to Barca and the other does not (based on behaviour), this will take some managing and I believe this new contract (which no doubt gives a rise but a release clause, I don’t think it’s a guarantee he stays more then a season even if he signs).

So it’s been messy with a lot of other stuff and as such I think the knock on effect is we are late to the market and as such will have to overpay for one of these (don’t think we will get both) for the reasons given above.

Hopefully next summer it’s a bit more business as usual and we can get back to normal. To be clear this is not a criticism of the club it is the unpredictability of transfer windows.

I do wonder knowing what we know now, whether the club might have gone for MacAllister
We have to start to take into consideration in looking for Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva (if he doesn't sign an extension)) and Kyle Walker replacements. Whether it will be next summer or beyond that it is going to be an unenviable task. With the Mbappe situation we still have to keep an eye on Haaland, although I don't see an immediate issue and we are in a strong position in keeping him for while.

He`s worth what We think he`s worth to us and what Pep thinks he can do with him?
Lets hope he doesn't end up like Philips or Sergio Gomez.

I am not against spending large sums of money, just seems odd we are throwing it at mediocre players when we have just lost high quality and experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.