It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not interested in selling Ortega at all. It's taken us a long time to get a keeper who can legitimately push Ederson for the number one spot. I do not want to go back to having to rely on the likes of Steffen or Bravo for injuries and suspensions.

Hopefully he chooses to stay.

No, I’m not.

Our last one was free, the previous one about £7m.

You might not sell at £50m, but City surely would.
I think City would probably sell for somewhere around £25m, if Ortega wanted to leave. I have no doubts City would find a good replacement for that amount if that was the case, even if I obviously would prefer Ortega to stay since he's been a great number 2 here.

I do however also think Bayern wont pay that kind of money, considering they seem to be mostly looking at a loan or other cheap options, not invest in a first choice long term. Which makes me think Ortega will most likely stay :)

I think City would probably sell for somewhere around £25m, if Ortega wanted to leave. I have no doubts City would find a good replacement for that amount if that was the case, even if I obviously would prefer Ortega to stay since he's been a great number 2 here.

I do however also think Bayern wont pay that kind of money, considering they seem to be mostly looking at a loan or other cheap options, not invest in a first choice long term. Which makes me think Ortega will most likely stay :)
Pretty much agree with you. The ball is in Bayern’s court; they’ll have to spend more than they want to get him.

Ortega may forgo loyalty bonuses and certain fees to try and force it though though.

It’s no guaranteed he goes, but he’d get paid more, be a number 1 and compete for the German number 1 spot should he go.

We shall see.

I doubt City will let Ortega go right now, but we do have Carson. I don't see why Ederson can't start every game, either. The guy is a top professional - I doubt he needs 'pushing' to perform.

I doubt City will let Ortega go right now, but we do have Carson. I don't see why Ederson can't start every game, either. The guy is a top professional - I doubt he needs 'pushing' to perform.

He needed pushing last season. Probably his worst form ever for us until his place came under serious threat and then he went on to play a vital role in us winning the Champions League.

Not to mention one red card or injury and we'd be relying on Scott Carson to maintain that standard.

Lots of people talking about Phillips going. Has anything actually come out of the club about Pep not being happy or is it just posters wet dreams?
Well the fact that pep refuses to play him even in the most meaningless of matches speaks louder than him coming out and saying he’s “not happy” with him.

Ederson cant play all the games. Its not a case of physical ability it's more a case of being mentally right for games so he will need time off.
We also need back up in case of injury & we can't rely on Carson to step in. His job in the camp is more moral than anything else. If Ortega goes we would need a quality backup keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.