It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Technically it's 1 member stronger.. but KDB is injured.

I may be missing something, but I'll go and say no it isn't. I was including Kev

We started last season with 21 senior players. 20 out of 21, and 1 CT. plus academy. We are starting this season exactly the same, 20+1 plus academy players.

Happy with Doku and Nunes but we do still seem a player or two light.
While versatility is a great asset to possess in our players it also cuts both ways. It means that we're relying on certain players to make up the numbers at multiple positions. The problem becomes that if someone super versatile like Phil or Bernardo is out for a bit it's like being short multiple players. Palmer leaving leaves us a bit short. IMO he needs to be replaced and not by Bobb. Doku can't be considered a replacement for Mahrez, Palmer, and Foden, who has moved into the midfield...

I'm sorry but you must be delusional if you think Pep is giving Phillips a single minute after how he has treated him so far in his City career.

Phillips, Bobb and Gomez will not reach 1000 minutes combined between then. They are non-entities when discussing squad strength.

You think Phillips won't get a single minute?

And you think the three of them won't get 1000 minutes combined?

Philips and Gomez alone had over 1600 minutes between them last year, so I'll happily take both those bets.

One thing on that is that I really hope (for both us & the player's confidence) that we can get Bobb out of the door on loan in January.

Hopefully letting him get his education training with the first team, and then into a Championship team where he'll play against blokes will benefit him, because he looked off it physically during pre-season (most particularly against Bayern where even their young kids were bullying him off the ball).

Not seen a lot of him in the reserves, and apparently he's good, so absolutely no to a sale, but he does need to make a lot of progress even to get to Rico levels (and I don't think that Rico is up to it yet physically either).

The only way the Palmer transfer makes sense to me is if we rate Bobb highly and want to clear a path for him. Would be surprised if he leaves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.