It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not if Ake primary role is considered to be left back & when has Stones completed anything near a full season. I think we have more important positions this summer to worry about. I think an ideal summer would be
Paqueta & Bruno from Newcastle, Neves & a right winger possibly Neto. If we do add Braithwaite, that would be £300m+.

If the rags are interested in Braithwaite then his price will be near £100m
Can you see us going for Bruno & Neves? I can see one or the other, with us being in the running if Wirtz confirms his statement last summer in not being interested in leaving Leverkusen before the Euros.

We’d have to lose a CB though, wouldn’t we? We’d have 6 CBs then.
My initial thoughts as well. But if we are adamant we want him I can se sit happening. Depending on what he wants of course. Pep likes a small squad and I would say we have 7 defenders currently (Ake/Gvardiol/Dias/Stones/Akanji/Walker/Lewis) You could also say Gomez but he doesn’t play and is a traditional full back if he was ever to play at the back. Even Walker fits into a back 3/5. I’d also bank on Gomez going this summer.

With injuries throughout the defence this year maybe 1 year of 8 defenders isn’t a bad thing. Also there’s a big argument that Rico is a midfielder.

My initial thoughts as well. But if we are adamant we want him I can se sit happening. Depending on what he wants of course. Pep likes a small squad and I would say we have 7 defenders currently (Ake/Gvardiol/Dias/Stones/Akanji/Walker/Lewis) You could also say Gomez but he doesn’t play and is a traditional full back if he was ever to play at the back. Even Walker fits into a back 3/5. I’d also bank on Gomez going this summer.

With injuries throughout the defence this year maybe 1 year of 8 defenders isn’t a bad thing. Also there’s a big argument that Rico is a midfielder.
Gvardiol/Ake
Dias/Branth
Akanji/Stones (into CM)
Walker/Lewis

maybe? can only see branth if everton go down, we'd be stupid not too if they are desperate.

Ake is mainly a centre back now, filling in occasionally for Gvardiol as his back up.

It’s a tough one, because Branthwaite is only available this summer, then he could be a big miss, but as you say, we have more pressing areas of the squad to resolve.
Ake ha probably played more at Cb due to injuries to Stones, Dias not being in the same form as last year & Gvardiol being better in possession when we are attacking. He would be a great signing & would be Johnny Stones future replacement.

RB - Walker, Stones, Lewis
LCB - Stones, Braithwaite
RCB - Dias, Akanji
RB - Gvardiol, Ake

Think it depends Everton not getting relegated, which looks unlikely if they get a 2nd points deduction this season.

If they say city could spend 500m with the new PSR that's means the scum can spend Nearly as much with there turnover!

So there we have it!? scum need to spend big this summer and hey presto new FFP will get voted in just at the right time! They use city as the example but we could spend big this summer with the original rules the scum can't!

Gvardiol/Ake
Dias/Branth
Akanji/Stones (into CM)
Walker/Lewis

maybe? can only see branth if everton go down, we'd be stupid not too if they are desperate.
I think depends on the ffp situation. Also if that creates a narrative that he’s for sale he might get his head turned by the bigger clubs.

With injuries, Gomez expected departure and Lewis playing more in midfield this could be as good as time as ever to go in for another cb.

I wonder if it would have made sense years ago to eliminate transfer fees entirely and just attract players via wage, conditions, company culture, leadership etc.

And on top of that have no time period on contracts.

And on top of that limit how many new players can be registered to a club each season, e.g. 5 new players per year.

And on top of that limit who players can move to, e.g. can't go directly to a club that's within 10 points of you.

Etc etc etc with rules that I just dreamed up cos today's rules seem ludicrous anyway.
That's not that far from how the NFL operates

If they say city could spend 500m with the new PSR that's means the scum can spend Nearly as much with there turnover!

So there we have it!? scum need to spend big this summer and hey presto new FFP will get voted in just at the right time! They use city as the example but we could spend big this summer with the original rules the scum can't!
But would we spend that? We are as sustainable as big clubs come in my opinion. Wouldn’t surprise me if this headline had come about to shit on us and the new potential guidelines. We are always going to be used as an example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.