It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He has a 35mil release clause
Is the release clause active from the summer? We had a little difficulty with RB Leipzig when signing Gvardiol. Another issue with said release clause is it would be open season for our rivals as well.

Need to be careful we don’t move too many along in the summer. It’s isn’t always a positive move. Gundo and Mahrez are missed and the mentality of Walker and Kev would be another big loss.

We need new faces but I wouldn’t be too quick to push anyone out the door unless they want to go. Small squad anyway which has had its fair share of injuries this season.

I would rather we bought a few and gave them time without moving anyone along just yet. Might not be possible tho with Piss & shit rules and the players here not wanting to play second fiddle.

Last edited:

If we were offered £40m, we’d be crazy not to take it, in my opinion.

7 years service for £10m plus that money could go towards Frimpong or whoever we deem the best fit.

Best RB in PL history but sadly now well past his best, turning down 40m would be foolish and I am sure the player would like the riches on offer and an escape route from his complex off field activities.

£40m for Walker would be a no brainer. He's past his best now and picking up more injuries aswell. Frimpong looks a top quality attacking full back but no idea what he's like defending. A fully fit Reece James would be the perfect replacement. Risky buy with his injury record though obviously.

As for KDB, I wouldn't sell. I know £100m would be difficult to turn down but despite his injuries and age, he's still the only one in our squad that can unlock any defence. His aura, his big game ability and his love for this club would be very difficult to replace. I'd be looking at slowly phase him out over the next 2 years (I.e. use him one game a week like we did with Fernandinho to keep him fit and fresh) but signing his replacement this summer so they have time to bed in. Losing Walker and KDB, you would lose 2 dressing room leaders at once which would be detrimental I think.

£40m for Walker and he is off.

I think after the year he has had as well, I would not be surprised to see him up-sticks with his wife to start a fresh and leave all the negativity here.

It could be the best thing for him right now.

£40m for Walker would be a no brainer. He's past his best now and picking up more injuries aswell. Frimpong looks a top quality attacking full back but no idea what he's like defending. A fully fit Reece James would be the perfect replacement. Risky buy with his injury record though obviously.

As for KDB, I wouldn't sell. I know £100m would be difficult to turn down but despite his injuries and age, he's still the only one in our squad that can unlock any defence. His aura, his big game ability and his love for this club would be very difficult to replace. I'd be looking at slowly phase him out over the next 2 years (I.e. use him one game a week like we did with Fernandinho to keep him fit and fresh) but signing his replacement this summer so they have time to bed in. Losing Walker and KDB, you would lose 2 dressing room leaders at once which would be detrimental I think.

I think Kev has one more year at the top and that's it.

I would not sell him at all, but I don't think we can go into next season relying on him like we have been since his injury.

In regards to Reece James, I have a feeling Chelsea are going to have to bite the bullet on him in the summer due to the finances. We would need absolute assurance over his injury record though.

Need to be careful we don’t move too many along in the summer. It’s isn’t always a positive move. Gundo and Mahrez are missed and the mentality of Walker and Kev would be another big loss.

We need new faces but I wouldn’t be too quick to push anyone out the door unless they want to go. Small squad anyway which has had its fair share of injuries this season.

I would rather we bought a few and gave them time without moving anyone along just yet. Might not be possible tho with Piss & shit rules and the players here not wanting to play second fiddle.
Couldn’t agree more. Age waits for no man but be careful what you wish for cause when the going gets tough you need players of KDB and walkers stature in the dressing room. Adding new talent and creating a mix of old and new is the ideal scenario but like you said, rules are rules and players won’t want to sit on bench all the time

We want Reece James but he has a 400 million year contract and he's not very convinced due to some family shit or something. But we're working on it.

We also want some Slovakian lad for CFG but I've already forgot this name. He's in Slovakia at the mo and is about 16/17.

Maybe it's a go-er?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.