It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Neither will be sold unless either want to be and doubt nunes does, pretty sure Grealish doesn't, and IMO it's Paqueta or Guimaraes.
I can only see that being the case if Paqueta's cloud hasn't lifted or Newcastle convince Guimaraes to remain. Watching the football this week, including ourselves in the first half at the weekend, and I'm left frustrated that we failed to bolster the midfield properly in the last two summers.

I'd hate to lose Grealish in case somewhere else his attacking threat is released. But I'm also disappointed that we can't seem to find a way for his excellent skill to be concerted in to much more genuine chances.

I had hoped that he'd be far better than Sterling but I feel like he's only marginally better. But sure I could say that about loads.

There have been very few Yaya, Silva, Aguero, DeBruyne additions of late. (Plus Rodri but I never thought he would be so good). Haaland obviously was a mega signing but we need a few more "Catalysts".
I'd hate to lose him because the team is better with him in it. That's all there is to it really.

Personally would keep both, Nunes is very much work in progress but there is clearly a player with skills we don't have and also like Grealish seems a very popular guy in the squad.
Nunes will be 26 in August, he's at his very peak. He's scored 12 goals in his entire career ! but unless I'm mistaken he isn't a DM. I'm just baffled why we bought him and what he adds. He does seem a really nice person, so is my next door neighbour but he's an accountant.

Nunes will be 26 in August, he's at his very peak. He's scored 12 goals in his entire career ! but unless I'm mistaken he isn't a DM. I'm just baffled why we bought him and what he adds. He does seem a really nice person, so is my next door neighbour but he's an accountant.
Nowhere near his peak , he is a very late starter in the pro game and it shows.

Make a list for yourselves of players you thought irreplaceable.
I thought we would capsize without David Silva.
Now I think we will do the same without Bernardo Silva.
Somehow I think we will manage. We're not Stretford.

Here's my prediction for the window, the OUT list including transfer and loan fees will bring an in approx minimum of £150m. The IN list will cost an approx maximum of £280m, so a net spend of around £130m. An increased squad size will be needed for the additional ECL and World Cup games.

OUT

1714555440554.png

IN

1714555466876.png

2024-2025 Squad
1714556308291.png

Attachments

• 1714555249450.png
    1714555249450.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
same with Phillips weird signing an average player even more odd the summer after we won the treble. The club seem to do this now and again like the summer after we first won the prem… brain fart

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.