It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Really!?

They'll be one player there who is probably 90% will go and that's Silva the rest won't be going anywhere Walker might go though..
I don't see Walker going anywhere. Not sure why people think he will be. Only will leave this summer if Saudi put in a massive offer and he wants to take the money.

The lad loves playing top flight football and is a top competitor. Still has his legs like we saw when he pocketed Vini in UCL and when he did well against Son last night.

It'd be smart business to keep Walks another year but bring in his replacement this summer so we aren't caught out.

Paqueta
Frimpong
Savio
Neves if Bernardo goes

Still hope we get a musiala or similar signing as well though, a proper world class talent

Anyone feel that we are pretty light in terms of concrete links going into this window? Really not sure who we will get in

Anyone feel that we are pretty light in terms of concrete links going into this window? Really not sure who we will get in
I don't think that's a bad thing. Last season it was all Rice and Bellingham are coming and we ended up with neither. Quite happy for the club to be doing it all very quietly and we get that great suprise.

I wouldn't worry. City have shown time and time again that we do business out of the public eye, journalists included most of the time. The ones they have known about recently were Haaland because of the virus and prestige (and even then it was supposedly Real from many sources up until he announced City) and Rice, I suspect because Arsenal were interested.

Not many picked up on Akanji, Ortega, Alvarez etc much ahead of time. We fly under the radar and do the right deals for us. Clubs we prefer to deal with know if we talk to them and come back again with our millions to spend, then they have to behave in a way to make us want to do that. Nobody knows who we have in mind for backup goalie next year if Steffen leaves, but we sure have a target or three.

Personally I'd love Wirtz but not sure he is going anywhere this summer. Beyond that I can't see much movement, but we know a couple of new faces is important to freshen things up. So think it depends mostly on who leaves.

Outgoing surely has to be Phillips if we can agree something ok his wages, hopefully not Bernie, and I also see the potential for sales or loans for Gomez, Nunes, Ortega and even Bobb. Oh, Cancelo too if he still counts. That will leave us light and ready to bring in a couple of bodies. Guimaraes and / or that lad from Benfica would be my guess, or Kimmich. Savio I'm not sure is for us, at least not next season.

No, but then what do you consider a "concrete link"? Unless someone at the club states who we're looking at, anything else is just rumour and speculation. We would need a screenshot of City's long term planning to have anything "concrete" and even then there's a lot of things that can happen meanwhile, which is why City (rightly) keep everything very much in house.

I just pretend it's like Christmas and I'm not going to know who we're signing until City unwrap them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.