It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

No, but then what do you consider a "concrete link"? Unless someone at the club states who we're looking at, anything else is just rumour and speculation. We would need a screenshot of City's long term planning to have anything "concrete" and even then there's a lot of things that can happen meanwhile, which is why City (rightly) keep everything very much in house.

I just pretend it's like Christmas and I'm not going to know who we're signing until City unwrap them.
Valid point - maybe I’m just being impatient!

Anyone feel that we are pretty light in terms of concrete links going into this window? Really not sure who we will get in
We have been historically quiet on links apart from the big ones - Bellingham or Haaland
But also there have been a lot of links - Frimpong, Musiala, Kimmich, Bruno.G, Paqueta, Bakayoko, Neves

Where’s shit for brains Peter Spencer he told us Kun was off to Madrid just about every summer - he was convinced - there was never an once of truth in the story - then again that was true of almost all of Spencer’s exclusives.

Anyone feel that we are pretty light in terms of concrete links going into this window? Really not sure who we will get in
Probably for a couple of reasons:

1. It's not a great idea to play your hand early when they other parties understand the money sitting behind City.
2. We don't have any idea who may be leaving at the end of the season. I expect to see a fair amount of turnover if we pull off number four on Sunday. The past four seasons have been pretty grueling on the players. But I guess we will see.

The FA Cup final is on May 25th and the warm up games for the Euros and Copa America start soon thereafter. I'm hoping that our incoming transfer business is finalised before either tournament starts.

The FA Cup final is on May 25th and the warm up games for the Euros and Copa America start soon thereafter. I'm hoping that our incoming transfer business is finalised before either tournament starts.

That should be the plan mate, especially as it seems our main targets have release clauses and Savio should be easy to do as well?

That should be the plan mate, especially as it seems our main targets have release clauses and Savio should be easy to do as well?
Its always the plan for all teams, easier said than done though as players start leaving for international camps and teams negotiate.Release clauses help but we have no real idea who our targets are nor who’s leaving. Doubt too many will be done before pre season begins..

Probably for a couple of reasons:

1. It's not a great idea to play your hand early when they other parties understand the money sitting behind City.
2. We don't have any idea who may be leaving at the end of the season. I expect to see a fair amount of turnover if we pull off number four on Sunday. The past four seasons have been pretty grueling on the players. But I guess we will see.
There will players who will leave, but i think some of the top players that have been mentioned may want to stay if we win four.

Going for five next season would be a huge, exciting carrot, imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.