It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think Erling's agents would be very silly to sign him up to a bumper new deal when things are relatively uncertain at the club right now (or at least as uncertain as they've been for some time).

Provided we beat the PL charges, I expect him to extend at some point in 2025.

He'll end up in Spain at some point, but Barcelona can't afford him for the foreseeable future and surely Real isn't an option while Mbappe is there.

The only other threats would be Bayern,PSG and Saudi, but they don't really strike me as the kind of move he'd want to make next.

Obviously, if the worst happened with regards to the charges, all bets are off.

I think Erling's agents would be very silly to sign him up to a bumper new deal when things are relatively uncertain at the club right now (or at least as uncertain as they've been for some time).

Provided we beat the PL charges, I expect him to extend at some point in 2025.

He'll end up in Spain at some point, but Barcelona can't afford him for the foreseeable future and surely Real isn't an option while Mbappe is there.

The only other threats would be Bayern,PSG and Saudi, but they don't really strike me as the kind of move he'd want to make next.

Obviously, if the worst happened with regards to the charges, all bets are off.
As a Norwegian I know for sure that Saudi is out of the question. He will be with us next year and then he will look at his option in 2025. There is no doubt that he loves it at Man City, and his national coach Ståle Solbakken has told Erling than when Ståle visits clubs with Norwegian players around Europe, City are far ahead when it comes to how he is welcomed at treated during his stay. Benfica is by the way number 2. If Pep leaves in 2025 it will be more difficult to keep Erling. But I am quite sure that it will between Real and City. No other club ha a chance.

This will go down like a lead balloon but hear me out…

When Haaland doesn’t play and Alvarez does we have to change the team dynamic.

Why not get a more like for like second striker?

I would honestly go for Calvert Lewin from Everton.

Strong, holds it up well. English. Bags of premier league experience and can play that lone striker role. Brilliant in the air.

His contract is coming to an end, he’d play second fiddle to Haaland. He’d get his 25 games a season so wouldn’t moan. Obviously has his injury issues but I just think it doesn’t always have to be someone expensive or a South American wonder kid.

If we sold Alverez for 85m and signed DCL for 25m that’s good business…

Right, now you kids can all destroy me ha.
DCL has been shocking for a while now. Injuries ruined him. His data is piss poor. HARD no on that idea. We'd be better off with Liam Delap lol.

what we gonna say about Alvarez for Xavi Simons swap
how about swap for musiala with additional fee, would fancy that for sure, won't be a direct replacement tho, cause we would look for a 2nd striker, unless they can play false 9

what we gonna say about Alvarez for Xavi Simons swap
Yawn!

You do know we are not selling Alvarez don’t you?

Let’s envisage a scenario where in 12 months time Madrid offer City the buy out clause that Haaland has. Haaland wants a new project which he and his agents have said he wants to play in different countries and accepts to go to Madrid. Who do we turn to, not Alvarez because the fans have hounded him out for f*****g Calvert Lewin!

No offence to Calvert Lewin but he ain’t as good as Alvarez. In fact none of the suggested players are better than Alvarez.

If you want Xavi Simons who I agree is a good player we don’t need to sell Alvarez to make it happen.

Not having a pop at you personally @skratins just bored hearing posters who want to sell Alvarez.

Yawn!

You do know we are not selling Alvarez don’t you?

Let’s envisage a scenario where in 12 months time Madrid offer City the buy out clause that Haaland has. Haaland wants a new project which he and his agents have said he wants to play in different countries and accepts to go to Madrid. Who do we turn to, not Alvarez because the fans have hounded him out for f*****g Calvert Lewin!

No offence to Calvert Lewin but he ain’t as good as Alvarez. In fact none of the suggested players are better than Alvarez.

If you want Xavi Simons who I agree is a good player we don’t need to sell Alvarez to make it happen.

Not having a pop at you personally @skratins just bored hearing posters who want to sell Alvarez.
We might not see Alvarez until October. He’s at the Olympics in August and Pep will send him on holiday after that as he’s not had a break in about 3 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.