It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Especially given how dry the striker market is in Europe right now. That goon Rasmus Hojlund went for £64m+ £8m in add-ons when he only scored 9 goals for Atalanta. Richarlison the Brazilian bum went for £60m in 2022. Havertz was subpar at Chelsea but costed the Gooners £65m.

It should be a minimum £90m offer just to get City to pick up the phone. Anything less and we laugh and hang up. There's no need to sell Alvarez this summer when Haaland hasn't signed an extension yet. Alvarez is the insurance policy to ensure we don't get bent if Haaland wants out in the next couple years.
Agree with what you say but they where sold to EPL and Barca who thru money away at the time, he will not be sold and if he was, not too the EPL

Yawn!

You do know we are not selling Alvarez don’t you?

Let’s envisage a scenario where in 12 months time Madrid offer City the buy out clause that Haaland has. Haaland wants a new project which he and his agents have said he wants to play in different countries and accepts to go to Madrid. Who do we turn to, not Alvarez because the fans have hounded him out for f*****g Calvert Lewin!

No offence to Calvert Lewin but he ain’t as good as Alvarez. In fact none of the suggested players are better than Alvarez.

If you want Xavi Simons who I agree is a good player we don’t need to sell Alvarez to make it happen.

Not having a pop at you personally @skratins just bored hearing posters who want to sell Alvarez.
Luckily City don’t dance to the tune of main stream media and the reactions to the nonsense that some choose to believe on here. The only way Alvarez is leaving is if he tells Pep he wants to leave and can get an offer acceptable to the club. Not heard he’s unhappy so…

Lots of Rumours that KDB will be off to Saudi this Sunmer. Just 1 of many.
I trust KDB. He will know when he cannot deliver at the highest level anymore. We are not talking about being able to play in the Premier League, we are talking about being the best in the Premier League, and I suspect he doesn't want to be anything other than that.
Personally, I would be quite happy to see him go at this point. He would then be remembered as a true great without compromise - no buts, no caveats. I think that Phil and Oscar and Rico can fill the gap. You cannot replace KDB like for like, and you couldn't replace Yaya like for like: you find a different way with a different blend of skills.

This season feels like a rocky road ahead.

I trust KDB. He will know when he cannot deliver at the highest level anymore. We are not talking about being able to play in the Premier League, we are talking about being the best in the Premier League, and I suspect he doesn't want to be anything other than that.
Personally, I would be quite happy to see him go at this point. He would then be remembered as a true great without compromise - no buts, no caveats. I think that Phil and Oscar and Rico can fill the gap. You cannot replace KDB like for like, and you couldn't replace Yaya like for like: you find a different way with a different blend of skills.

This season feels like a rocky road ahead.

I wonder if he’s thinking about after football as well. Kevs said in many interviews about his projects in Belgium the KDB cup and other things. I think there was an interview last year about him investing a lot in Belgian football when he retires and that he loves football to much to leave it.

The wages being quoted for him in Saudi is near Ronaldo money tax free nearly a million a week. That would help with investments in the future etc

Yawn!

You do know we are not selling Alvarez don’t you?

Let’s envisage a scenario where in 12 months time Madrid offer City the buy out clause that Haaland has. Haaland wants a new project which he and his agents have said he wants to play in different countries and accepts to go to Madrid. Who do we turn to, not Alvarez because the fans have hounded him out for f*****g Calvert Lewin!

No offence to Calvert Lewin but he ain’t as good as Alvarez. In fact none of the suggested players are better than Alvarez.

If you want Xavi Simons who I agree is a good player we don’t need to sell Alvarez to make it happen.

Not having a pop at you personally @skratins just bored hearing posters who want to sell Alvarez.
This is the Gabriel Jesus argument all over again. If Haaland left, we'd simply try to find the next top striker on the rise or a good goal scorer as a stop gap in the interim

Keeping Alvarez on the off chance that Haaland leaves is a weak argument.

I like Alvarez. But he has the profile of the player 'most likely' to be sold Simply put, he is a top class player on a team where he has no roles in which he is great. And their are great players already in the roles he is very good at.

He is a top 25 striker: But we have a top 3 striker ahead of him.

He is a top 50ish attacking Mid. But we have a top 10 attacking mid who is rounding into his peak. Not to mention a top 2 legend just off is peak.

He is just an odd man out. In my opinion. If we lose Haaland. The goal would be to get another top 10 striker as his replacement. Certainly ,relying on a hybrid Forward/AM to lead our line wouldn't be the way to go.

In my humble opinion of course.

This is the Gabriel Jesus argument all over again. If Haaland left, we'd simply try to find the next top striker on the rise or a good goal scorer as a stop gap in the interim

Keeping Alvarez on the off chance that Haaland leaves is a weak argument.

I like Alvarez. But he has the profile of the player 'most likely' to be sold Simply put, he is a top class player on a team where he has no roles in which he is great. And their are great players already in the roles he is very good at.

He is a top 25 striker: But we have a top 3 striker ahead of him.

He is a top 50ish attacking Mid. But we have a top 10 attacking mid who is rounding into his peak. Not to mention a top 2 legend just off is peak.

He is just an odd man out. In my opinion. If we lose Haaland. The goal would be to get another top 10 striker as his replacement. Certainly ,relying on a hybrid Forward/AM to lead our line wouldn't be the way to go.

In my humble opinion of course.
This is how I feel about Alvarez too. £70m+ is an auto-sell for me. Alvarez is never going to displace Haaland, so in an attempt to keep him happy we shoehorned him into KDB’s role, a position he isn’t particularly good in. If the only way to play him is in an unsuitable role then the reality is that he’s not a good fit for our squad. We should bank the profit (Alvarez is now only valued at about £7m-£8m on our books after 2.5 years of amortisation) and sign someone who fits us a little better. If we had someone who can play striker when Haaland is injured/rested but actually has attributes to be used effectively somewhere else (either the wing or attacking midfield) then that is far better for us.

This will go down like a lead balloon but hear me out…

When Haaland doesn’t play and Alvarez does we have to change the team dynamic.

Why not get a more like for like second striker?

I would honestly go for Calvert Lewin from Everton.

Strong, holds it up well. English. Bags of premier league experience and can play that lone striker role. Brilliant in the air.

His contract is coming to an end, he’d play second fiddle to Haaland. He’d get his 25 games a season so wouldn’t moan. Obviously has his injury issues but I just think it doesn’t always have to be someone expensive or a South American wonder kid.

If we sold Alverez for 85m and signed DCL for 25m that’s good business…

Right, now you kids can all destroy me ha.

Literally a day after I mention it Chelsea and Newcastle heavily linked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.