It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Interesting, not sure I fully agree as the only acknowledged 'Txiki' signing is Doku (that I recall), with the rest Pep seemingly has a significant say in. I think that should be the case - that DoF ensures continuity of style - but Pep likes a smaller squad than most, and has nuances that a replacement may not (making an army of CBs work), there'd be different needs rather than just replacing players.
Of course Pep is consulted but the next manager will be chosen by his ability to play the same sort of game so the player we buy will be the same players because whether Pep stays for one or 3 years the players will still suit the next manager.We won't not buy somebody because we don't know Peps plans.The squad isn't that small, in fact with Phillips and Cancelo back it's full.

Kev’s fitness is a worry for me

agreed mate and in the post i mention i would like some fresh blood but IF it was the two signings and everyone else stayed then we would still be strong? I personally think the club will hawk Alvarez out to get another versatile attacking type player in?

Of course Pep is consulted but the next manager will be chosen by his ability to play the same sort of game so the player we buy will be the same players because whether Pep stays for one or 3 years the players will still suit the next manager.We won't not buy somebody because we don't know Peps plans.The squad isn't that small, in fact with Phillips and Cancelo back it's full.

Phillips & Cancelo shouldn't be considered part of the squad - they won't play under Pep even if they aren't shipped out.

Starting to think it will only be Savio + a midfielder.

Only possible change I can see happening is if Alvarez leaves.
Honestly, it seems like it might just be Savio.

Nobody is leaving.

If Bernie, or Kev, or Kovacic/Nunes were leaving, I could see the room, but I think everyone is staying.

I think the fixed in our midfield 2 (in the 4231), should be this:

Bernie/Nunes
Rodri/Kovacic

Have Stones, Gvardiol, or Lewis push into midfield and should push Bernie/Nunes next to the CAM (Foden/Kev).

Wingers are:

Doku/Grealish
Savio/Bobb

Honestly I'm okay with it.

But I'd definitely prefer a long term DM signing for Rodri, as Kovacic is fine.

Phillips & Cancelo shouldn't be considered part of the squad - they won't play under Pep even if they aren't shipped out.
Yes I know but we can't bring players in until they go.All I'm saying is this small squad thing is a bit of a myth, we started last season,when Cancelo went on loan one player down from the maximum allowed.

Yes I know but we can't bring players in until they go.All I'm saying is this small squad thing is a bit of a myth, we started last season,when Cancelo went on loan one player down from the maximum allowed.
Somebody has to leave for more players to come in, as simple as that, we have:

3 Goalies (Ederson, Ortega, Carson)
7 Defenders (Walker, Lewis, Akanji, Stones, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol)
6 Midfielders (Rodri, Kovacic, Bernie, Nunes, Kdb, Foden)
6 Forwards (Haaland, Alvarez, Grealish, Doku, Savio, Bobb)

That's 22 players (I added Savio only), even if you don't count Carson, 21.

Players need to go if we sign anybody.

We just need to get more out of players like Nunes (needs to adapt and learn a fixed role), Grealish (was mostly injured), Bobb (more minutes) and the newly introduced Savio, and we should still look great for next season.

I end up having this same argument every year - we can bring players in before others going, as there is enough time to find deals before we have to declare our final squads to the leagues. We don't but we definitely could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.