It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Don't think I get the logic of it being Pep's last season so don't get any transfers - we'll still exist after Pep goes and we need to be thinking of that future. With added games, this Euros, injury histories of some players, age etc this would be incredibly short sighted
We don't know Peps future but the tranfers will be same whether he's here for 1,2,3 years.

Don’t want us going anywhere near Olmo
I doubt Pep would trust Eze in the middle, so he’d basically become another Grealish
This. Don't get the fascination with Olmo. Seems very average every time I've watched him and certainly doesn't seem like a guy who's going to come into the side and have an impact.

You mean the transfers this summer or over the next 1, 2 , 3 years regardless of whether Pep is here (and ostensibly Txiki going)?
The style and target players will still be in the same mould/bracket regardless of the manager situation. The club have defined how they want the club to play, PepBall is the pinnacle of that, the next guy will be cut from the same cloth so target wont have to pivot. (See United's managers/buying over the last decade)

What’s the main issue? We’ve just won four titles in a row and a treble the year before- the issue can’t be hindering that much?
The main issue is cover for Rodri. We can't keep running him into the ground. If he gets a serious injury (God forbid, knock on wood, etc) then we're effed. This has been something we haven't addressed successfully and we've been VERY lucky.

You mean the transfers this summer or over the next 1, 2 , 3 years regardless of whether Pep is here (and ostensibly Txiki going)?
I mean there will be a plan for this window and next summer to refresh the quad probably replacing KDB , Walker, Bernardo and the players we are looking at will be the same players regardless of whether it's for Pep or somebody else.

Starting to think it will only be Savio + a midfielder.

Only possible change I can see happening is if Alvarez leaves.

thing is though mate, say we got Bruno G or Neves and Savio and everyone else stayed its fine? I think we need some fresh blood personally but quite rightly the club arent just going to kick KDB, Bernardo, Grealish etc out?

I mean there will be a plan for this window and next summer to refresh the quad probably replacing KDB , Walker, Bernardo and the players we are looking at will be the same players regardless of whether it's for Pep or somebody else.

Interesting, not sure I fully agree as the only acknowledged 'Txiki' signing is Doku (that I recall), with the rest Pep seemingly has a significant say in. I think that should be the case - that DoF ensures continuity of style - but Pep likes a smaller squad than most, and has nuances that a replacement may not (making an army of CBs work), there'd be different needs rather than just replacing players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.