It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Pep has never had a 25 man squad (the max) in his entire time here.

Last season we had a 22 man squad with Gomez getting virtually no minutes, Bobb and Nunes getting minimal minutes, and Lewis getting some minutes.

Im already assuming no loaneed are coming back.

Gomez gets replaced by Savio, who has to get more minutes than what Gomez got.

Bobb, Lewis and Nunes needs more minutes.

Thats who gets more game time next year.

And like I said, if somebody like Nunes leaves, then yes, get another.

But Im under the assumptiom, IF nobody leaves, then surelt Savio is all we can fit.
Pep has never had to face the number of games he is going to have to face this coming season either...so unless he is going to bin off the domestic cup competitions he is going to need more players....no way rodri survives another season....KDB cannot play 3 games a week either.

There were opportunities to play Nunes last season and he barely got near the pitch.....now maybe he will come good this coming season but it doesnt look good at present.

There are rumours that Lewis could be loaned out as well and potentially Bobb also

Pep has never had to face the number of games he is going to have to face this coming season either...so unless he is going to bin off the domestic cup competitions he is going to need more players....no way rodri survives another season....KDB cannot play 3 games a week either.

There were opportunities to play Nunes last season and he barely got near the pitch.....now maybe he will come good this coming season but it doesnt look good at present.

There are rumours that Lewis could be loaned out as well and potentially Bobb also
we have 2 more games

we have 2 more games
even if its two, the squad is running on empty and you could see it at the end of the season....

KDB cannot play every 3 days....he struggled even doing half a season and his performance levels suffered massively for it...especially in the big games - he was poor at times despite what the stats may say - Alvarez plugged that gap but again you could see the effect that it had on the team...I love alvarez as a striker but at a KDB replacement he is (understandibly) sadly lacking.

How Rodri has not got a major injury i dont know? we have been extremely lucky over the last 2-3 seasons with him.....he will play more games this summer so will have a shorter break than normal as well (same with foden - though hopefully with England being shit they may not go further than the last 16!)

Walker also looked at times to be struggling...he is super human but age catches up with everyone.

Nunes doesnt play - he could and I do like the look of him from the bits Ive seen but is he really good enough - did anyone really think he was good enough when we panic bought hm last summer?

If Lewis and Bobb both leave on loans as well as there are rumours around this...and if they dont are we pinning our hopes in the Prem and CL on two players who are essentially kids (especially Bobb) - dont get me wrong I rate both highly and Bobb looks like he could have Foden levels in him but we saw how long it took Pep to totally trust Foden.

People also forget the issue with Stones and his injuries - he has never been reliable fitness wise and it seems to be getting worse. ...Ake is also a bit injury prone....both of these are top performers and yet struggle for consistency in terms of appearances (Stones much more than Ake to be fair)

Bruno G plugs a whole (Dont rate him that much but he is a decent squad player) - if we get him

We need reinforcements and quality ones at that....for me its not about winning 5 in a row....if we do great but the overall performance level last year was down on the previous year...and yes we could but that down to a hangover from doing a treble which would be completely understandable but fitness/energy levels will play a part as well as drive and motivation.

even if its two, the squad is running on empty and you could see it at the end of the season....

I get it, it would be nice but its not gonna happen. We dont stack the squad and never have, buying guys on the chance. 'if we get some injuries you can get on the bench'

IF people are leaving sure, but doesn't sound like anyone is (who matters) right now.

KDB, Stones, Grealish, Nunes, Doku, Rico, Bobb,& Alvarez are all gonna wanna play more as well as the new midfielder and Savio (most likely). We can only name 20 players a game. Pep will just have to trust those he has or tell them to fuck off asap (which we know he doesnt do)

Squad will remain the same size imo. 1 in, 1 out at best.

I get it, it would be nice but its not gonna happen. We dont stack the squad and never have, buying guys on the chance. 'if we get some injuries you can get on the bench'

IF people are leaving sure, but doesn't sound like anyone is (who matters) right now.

KDB, Stones, Grealish, Nunes, Doku, Rico, Bobb,& Alvarez are all gonna wanna play more as well as the new midfielder and Savio (most likely). We can only name 20 players a game. Pep will just have to trust those he has or tell them to fuck off asap (which we know he doesnt do)

Squad will remain the same size imo. 1 in, 1 out at best.
KDB and stones may want to play and are starters - but will they - i doubt it due to fitness and injuries
Grealish - clearly needs to get his act together after the season long 'hangover' from the treble
Nunes - again Pep had chance to play him and didnt - why?
Bobb abd Rico are in no positon to be demanding more game time - they aint earnt it yet especially Bobb

We will bing in 3 I reckon...one being Savio (maybe 4 if ederson does leave - which would be a mistake for me)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.