It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not the past, how proactive they are with signings. Using your logic, we spanked them the previous year, so we can agree the gap closed, as in we got worse. They are motoring on. Last summer was a shit show, Gvardiol aside. You could argue Doku, but Palmer would’ve been fine.
We need to sign two starters. No more squad fillers.

Agreed, 2 starters deffo required, but to make room for them -Cancelo, Nunes, Kovacic -(possibly) and whoever else who doesn’t want to stay I say get rid and that includes the keeper and Walker for me, I get your point regarding hitting Europe hard, I mean I’d take the league every season but being realistic that isn’t gonna happen every time so another CL before Pep leaves has to be done, but Madrid going forward at some pace unfortunately now

i do agree though we need to keep upgrading the squad with first choice players in areas and not just squad fillers? We did yet again batter Madrid last season at the Etihad but in the premier league teams are closing the gap on us and the Arse are spending again, we need to push on

2 or 3 this year 2 or 3 next. same as most summers and probably just about the right number of changes without too much upheaval.
I don’t see 2 or 3 going unless you’re including players such as Phillips cancelo and Gomez. I see maybe one first team player leaving (even that isn’t a sure thing) and next season there will be question marks over quite a few.

Walker will be 35 and 1 year left expect us to sell

Bernardo will have 1 year left on his contract

Stones will have 1 year left

Ederson will have 1 year left

Haaland 2 years left decision will need to be made one way or another imo

Decision will need to be made on kdb

Pep looks likely to leave as well.

To me it sounds like they are sticking with the squad and pep for one last year and then there will be big changes

I think other clubs transfer dealings and strategies have messed up ours. We like to leave young players at their clubs see how they do in a couple of seasons then sign them to replace a aging player etc Like what Tolmie said with Wharton wanted to leave it a season then go for him.

But Liverpool United and Chelsea seem to just want to sign young players after one good season even half a season before the price increases. Which means we have to act straight away to stop a young player we want going to another team.

I don’t see 2 or 3 going unless you’re including players such as Phillips cancelo and Gomez. I see maybe one first team player leaving (even that isn’t a sure thing) and next season there will be question marks over quite a few.

To me it sounds like they are sticking with the squad and pep for one last year and then there will be big changes
This summer just the 3 you mentioned.Next summer think KDB, Walker and possibly Bernardo leave. Think Ederson, Stones Haaland, extend and stay. Expecting Pep to extend for another year possibly 2.

This summer just the 3 you mentioned.Next summer think KDB, Walker and possibly Bernardo leave. Think Ederson, Stones Haaland, extend and stay. Expecting Pep to extend for another year possibly 2.

We need to be careful to not have to do too much next season though?

Think we should buy Braithwaite and Wharton two quality young players! Look at Chelsea spent 1.5b on young players and still buying and you look at there squad it's massive they don't care about a big squad, with Pep going after ethos season we need a bigger squad!

If Kdb and Ederson stay this window, they both get new deals under their nose by xmas. Stones as well.

Walker gone, Bernardo gone, and Haaland will have to make a choice with his RC looming, the club will wanna kick that down the road again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.