It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The double standard opinions on here are unbelievable… Fans on here saying Alvarez might as well leave as he will never replace Haaland despite all that he has won and still young.

Then the same fans want a Rodri backup…..whom is the World’s best in his position. So potentially another player we might buy and then fans can moan at because that player won’t be able to displace Rodri.

I suspect if Alvarez market value was’t so high fans wouldn’t want him sold. Fans just see his value in monetary terms to city and the potential profit and want him gone so we can claim a big profit!

Selling Alvarez is a bad decision. Whether it works out or not in future is irrelevant. Given the striker market it is putting yourself at huge risk relying on Haaland to stay fit the whole season and if he’s to be rotated you don’t have someone like an Alvarez who can still guarantee you goals assists and top quality work rate. We can’t keep losing goals in the team each year and just hope it’ll work.

My only problem with selling Alvarez is in my mind, he was the one to stay when Haaland inevitably moves on to another league.

But if Alvarez leaves, Haaland has to stay much longer than I anticipated (good thing), hope he wants to.

Selling Alvarez is a bad decision. Whether it works out or not in future is irrelevant. Given the striker market it is putting yourself at huge risk relying on Haaland to stay fit the whole season and if he’s to be rotated you don’t have someone like an Alvarez who can still guarantee you goals assists and top quality work rate. We can’t keep losing goals in the team each year and just hope it’ll work.
Not a good situation at all as I would expect Haaland to leave in the next couple of seasons, that's inevitable for me.

Top strikers are few and far between at this time, Alvarez is quality and will only get better, it would be a huge blow to lose him .

The double standard opinions on here are unbelievable… Fans on here saying Alvarez might as well leave as he will never replace Haaland despite all that he has won and still young.

Then the same fans want a Rodri backup…..whom is the World’s best in his position. So potentially another player we might buy and then fans can moan at because that player won’t be able to displace Rodri.

I suspect if Alvarez market value was’t so high fans wouldn’t want him sold. Fans just see his value in monetary terms to city and the potential profit and want him gone so we can claim a big profit!

The indications are that Alvarez wants to go and that we want to sign someone who can play alongside Rodri & be a backup. Fans definitely shouldn't diminish what Alvarez has done so far for us but I don't think it's the same scenario.

I really hope we don't let Alvarez leave for a stupid fee as Atletico aren't going to stump up what we want. I'd say we're looking at 50m plus, they will offer no more than 25m. Can't see anybody paying what we want so he stays at City

Haaland or false nine will be the solutions, IMO. We have vast potential across the wide and central attacking areas.
"We have vast potential across the wide and central attacking areas"

Potential is a dangerous word, Alvarez produced goals and assists.

Last edited:
That Tolmie's Showman post most likely is Savio's announcement which will be today.

purely that usually attackers are the showman in the football and Savio is only attacker we have been linked.

We have vast potential across the wide and central attacking areas.
Alvarez gives us certainty for G/A.
Savio, Electric player with a good eye for Goals and Assists, but still an unknown entity when it comes to our system and adapting to the system. First season, new country, new system and pressure to impress Pep!

Doku still not sure if he will gives us enough G/A to stay ahead of other teams. I hope he does.

Grealish is a non entity in G/A. I would probably get more G/A from Bob or Gvardiol playing there, but maybe he will come back with a point to prove and fire in his belly as someone has mentioned!

Bernado same sentiment as Doku.

So from the wide areas, I do not see potential but risk, if Haaland is injured and we have sold Alvarez.
If we had a Kvara on our wide area or a Leao in addition replacing Alvarez and us playing false 9 when Haaland injured, I would see the same potential as you do.
IMO!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.