It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Txiki has to learn from the Phillips, Nunes deals no question about that. about 100m in fees and on top of that lots of salary spent on them plus bonuses.

feels a bit like we went into the summer without any plans hoping to not losing anyone but if we do we my pull the trigger.

also not many offers for Phillips, Cancelo or Nunes if we decide to bin him after 12 months. (cannot see much game time for Nunes especially as now KDB will not be out for 6 months until January so it will be harder for Nunes to get game time than it was last autumn, when he also was limited to few games strictly vs lower half sides)

all a bit flat with Pep also thinking of staying or not.

most positive is I dont see rivals making those signings that would make me worried. I rate Maresca high, imo he will sort Chelsea out and give them a style. Arteta will be looking for a striker and LB imo, hope they dont get anyone decent.
rags spending on some younger talents but with Ten Hag there, cannot see them trouble us and and they are lucky if they can get top4.
Villa most active so far out of last years top8, well they need some bigger squad for CL campaign we all see what happened to Newcastle when they had CL games last season. and now even more CL games due to new format, Villa will be feeling the schedule until January for sure.
scousers with this new gambling machine as a coach, no idea what to expect from them, dont think their squad is too happy that this guy took over from Klopp, may be a good manager but in his debut season PL can really test him. also zero new signings yet.
Spurs had some business but nothing major really. dont expect much from them, Postecoglou quite a naive coach, good style but not enough defending stability.
Newcastle also more passive than I thought, they probably want to hold onto Isak and Guimaraes, Gordon but can they offer CL football to them in the near future? not sure. last season's CL was a one off seemingly for them and even that didnt do much with group stage 4th place (fair enough was a damn hard group unlike the rags group:D)

obviously much more business upcoming until PL starts and even some more after that, but so far its quite flat, partially due to Euros, Copa and also some PSR limits maybe here and there.

Very very very quiet as soon as the season finished right up to now, no links to players absolutely Jack shit. Not just at City though, Arsenal, dippers yet to spend
This is what it's important to remember. It's very quiet across last season's top six and therefore the teams we can expect to be our rivals next season. Ok, we haven't strengthened yet. But neither has anyone else of note.

It's typical of a tournament summer for it to be quiet before and during the tournament in question, but that doesn't stop the flappers flapping.

Now the tournament is over things may pick up but I don't see many clubs making wholesale changes. Now, more than ever, it will be harder to shift players you don't want and PSR rules will mean spending is more carefully considered than it was before.

I think/hope we'll bring in one or two on top of Savio, but we've got to trust the organisation that's given us four league titles in a row. They don't get much wrong.

100% this
I reckon this summer could be the hangover from those deals. We can’t shift them. No doubt city would love to replace Nunes, I reckon they would even like to replace Kovacic too. KP and Cancelo still there on the wage bill too
Kovacic to Turkish Super League, maybe? If so, surely City will have a DM coming in. Jose Mourinho is Manager of Fenerbahce and Kovacic played under him at Madrid. Also Kadioglu plays @ Fenerbahce.

Txiki has to learn from the Phillips, Nunes deals no question about that. about 100m in fees and on top of that lots of salary spent on them plus bonuses.

feels a bit like we went into the summer without any plans hoping to not losing anyone but if we do we my pull the trigger.

also not many offers for Phillips, Cancelo or Nunes if we decide to bin him after 12 months. (cannot see much game time for Nunes especially as now KDB will not be out for 6 months until January so it will be harder for Nunes to get game time than it was last autumn, when he also was limited to few games strictly vs lower half sides)

all a bit flat with Pep also thinking of staying or not.

most positive is I dont see rivals making those signings that would make me worried. I rate Maresca high, imo he will sort Chelsea out and give them a style. Arteta will be looking for a striker and LB imo, hope they dont get anyone decent.
rags spending on some younger talents but with Ten Hag there, cannot see them trouble us and and they are lucky if they can get top4.
Villa most active so far out of last years top8, well they need some bigger squad for CL campaign we all see what happened to Newcastle when they had CL games last season. and now even more CL games due to new format, Villa will be feeling the schedule until January for sure.
scousers with this new gambling machine as a coach, no idea what to expect from them, dont think their squad is too happy that this guy took over from Klopp, may be a good manager but in his debut season PL can really test him. also zero new signings yet.
Spurs had some business but nothing major really. dont expect much from them, Postecoglou quite a naive coach, good style but not enough defending stability.
Newcastle also more passive than I thought, they probably want to hold onto Isak and Guimaraes, Gordon but can they offer CL football to them in the near future? not sure. last season's CL was a one off seemingly for them and even that didnt do much with group stage 4th place (fair enough was a damn hard group unlike the rags group:D)

obviously much more business upcoming until PL starts and even some more after that, but so far its quite flat, partially due to Euros, Copa and also some PSR limits maybe here and there.
It’s funny you mention about not many offers, and that may right, and I appreciate there might be a wage issue hampering any sale, but I’m honestly surprised we don’t get more offers if that’s the case.
It’s almost as if other clubs think, oh he’s not getting much game time at City, he’s obviously not very good, without appreciating the stratospheric levels you need to be able to operate at consistently to secure a regular place in our team.

‘Just because player X isn’t good enough (or right) for us, doesn’t mean he can’t be brilliantly effective for you …’

Last edited:

70m euros for Neves!? Who the hell are we signing instead? You couldn't put the bar any higher.

70m euros for Neves!? Who the hell are we signing instead? You couldn't put the bar any higher.

That tweet is ridiciolus..

Maybe we don't think he is good enough to play in the Premier League week and week out?
Maybe our scouts think he is overrated?
Maybe we think Pep will sign another contract and we don't think he fits Peps system?

The point being why would anybody surmise we are asleep at the wheel.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.