It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

All Pep is saying there is the squad is currently full and we have to drop the deadwood first. We're expecting several peripheral squad departures including cancelo and phillips. If those 2 depart, we can bring in a player in each of the 2 positions we badly need strengthening, rodri cover and fullback, if we're including them in the squad then we're currently full.

Ederson, Ortega, carson (H) walker (H) gvardiol, Ake (H) stones (H) dias, akanji, cancelo, lewis (CT) rodri, Phillips, kovacic, kdb, foden (CT), bernardo, Nunes, Bobb (CT) mcatee (CT), savio, doku, grealish, Alvarez, Haaland.

That's our current full 25 man squad with all the homegrown (H) and club trained (CT) slots filled too. Phillips and grealish both also qualify for homegrown status but have to be registered in the free spots after the alloted 4 are taken already.

We cannot sign anybody else until the futures of the likes of cancelo and phillips have been resolved And this is ignoring returning loanee's like perrone, couto who we expect to be sold or loaned back out. We're not going to risk sitting on £90+ Million worth of players we cannot even register to use by signing their replacements and the vultures then swoop in low balling us knowing we have no alternative but to accept whatever scraps they offer.

Last edited:
It would be a disappointing transfer window, especially when there is such a clear necessity of a 6/8 that can play with Rodri and give him rest. Also, KDB should be worse than last season, Bernardo had his worst season and it's getting older, Nunez doesn't seem to be at our level. Rodri and Foden are the only midfielder that I expect to play at last season level or even better. I feel this is a glaring omission.

And I think our defense needs an agile CB/RB that can compete with Walker and be part of the rotation in case Stones has another injured season + Ake can also be injury prone + Walker declining + Dias not having his best season. Only with Akanji and Gvardiol (and Ake if he is healthy), I have zero doubts that they will be close or even better to the level they had last season.
Fucking hell, don’t go near a railway bridge

All Pep is saying there is the squad is currently full and we have to drop the deadwood first. We're expecting several peripheral squad departures including cancelo and phillips. If those 2 depart, we can bring in a player in each of the 2 positions we badly need strengthening, rodri cover and fullback, if we're including them in the squad then we're currently full.

Ederson, Ortega, carson (H) walker (H) gvardiol, Ake (H) stones (H) dias, akanji, cancelo, lewis (CT) rodri, Phillips, kovacic, kdb, foden (CT), bernardo, Nunes, Bobb (CT) mcatee (CT), savio, doku, grealish, Alvarez, Haaland.

That's our current full 25 man squad with all the homegrown (H) and club trained (CT) slots filled too. Phillips and grealish both also qualify for homegrown status but have to be registered in the free spots after the alloted 4 are taken already.

We cannot sign anybody else until the futures of the likes of cancelo and phillips have been resolved And this is ignoring returning loanee's like perrone, couto who we expect to be sold or loaned back out. We're not going to risk sitting on £90+ Million worth of players we cannot even register to use by signing their replacements and the vultures then swoop in low balling us knowing we have no alternative but to accept whatever scraps they offer.
I am pretty sure that he doesn’t count Philips and cancelo as players that will be replaced if they leave. They weren’t in the squad last year. In his previous press conference he talked about 90% the squad would stay the same as last year + savio, but it depended because 1.5 players may leave I.e Ederson (concrete possibility) + maybe Alvarez but less likely due to fee. I can only see us buying if one of those players or another first team player like kovacic or nunes leaves. I think you are being overly optimistic by suggesting we will replace two players who haven’t been considered part of the squad for over a year now

Looks like we are signing no one then
The bright side for me is that it looks like Guardiola is extending
Summer 2025 will be a more transitional phase for the squad and I think the club are taking a more long term view of it. City saving up for a new Pep era :)
Poor old Rodri this season though mind
@richards30 when you organising this protest?

It's all to do with our squad is full if you actually look at it plus the likes of Lewis Bob Mctear and Nunes we need to sell the likes of Nunes Philips and Cancelo think we have a wage limit we won't go over! Barcelona also will leave Cancelo to the very last day to ask for a loan!

What will make it worse on here is when the scousers, Arsenal, and the rags start chucking the cash around in the next few weeks and we're doing nothing. In a way it's a dangerous game we're playing as we've no idea what shape the euro players come back in, is the motivation still going to be there, what are energy levels like etc.
Got to trust the best manager in the world though

absolutely this, thank you, sir! this is the most objective and rational thing that has been posted here, we must get rid of deadwood asap.

What will make it worse on here is when the scousers, Arsenal, and the rags start chucking the cash around in the next few weeks and we're doing nothing. In a way it's a dangerous game we're playing as we've no idea what shape the euro players come back in, is the motivation still going to be there, what are energy levels like etc.
Got to trust the best manager in the world though

The energy levels motivate will be there for the likes of Haaland Grealish gvardiol Lewis Bob and a few others it's the ones who been at the euros late who will find it hard to get up to speed!

I would really, really like us to stick with the squad we have.
Granted, I have a long-held desire for the academy to bear first-team fruit, but winning the league with a team including Foden, McAtee, Lewis and Bobb would be wonderful, especially if others began to come through in other competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.