It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It would be a disappointing transfer window, especially when there is such a clear necessity of a 6/8 that can play with Rodri and give him rest. Also, KDB should be worse than last season, Bernardo had his worst season and it's getting older, Nunez doesn't seem to be at our level. Rodri and Foden are the only midfielder that I expect to play at last season level or even better. I feel this is a glaring omission.

And I think our defense needs an agile CB/RB that can compete with Walker and be part of the rotation in case Stones has another injured season + Ake can also be injury prone + Walker declining + Dias not having his best season. Only with Akanji and Gvardiol (and Ake if he is healthy), I have zero doubts that they will be close or even better to the level they had last season.
Fuck me id hate to go into battle with you warrior. Get the white flag up quick.

GK - Edderson???/ortega
RB -Walker/Rico
LB - Ake/Gvadiol
CB- Ake/gvardiol/stones/Dias/Akanji
DM- Rhodri/?????
AM- Kev/Berny/McAtee/Foden/Nunes/Kov/bobb/Grealish
Wingers- Bobb/Berny/savinho/doku/grealish
FWD - Bobb/Gaalalnd/Alvarez

Robbers cover is our main priority and possibly Eddie/Alvarez replacements if they go

Obviously Phillips and cancelo aren’t considered city players in pep’s mind.

I’ve been saying for months it’s quite clear the plan is for Bernardo to play more central next season. He can play next to Rodri or kovacic when Rodri needs a break. This is more than sufficient cover imo.

We keep ederson and it’s been a good window imo
Same
With it looking likely Pep is sticking round too I’m happy - that’s the main thing

I’ve been saying for months it’s quite clear the plan is for Bernardo to play more central next season. He can play next to Rodri or kovacic when Rodri needs a break. This is more than sufficient cover imo.

Your right IF We don't sign a DM I can see pep going with Bernardo/ Kova. Hopefully nunes will improve this season too

GK - Edderson???/ortega
RB -Walker/Rico
LB - Ake/Gvadiol
CB- Ake/gvardiol/stones/Dias/Akanji
DM- Rhodri/?????
AM- Kev/Berny/McAtee/Foden/Nunes/Kov/bobb/Grealish
Wingers- Bobb/Berny/savinho/doku/grealish
FWD - Bobb/Gaalalnd/Alvarez

Robbers cover is our main priority and possibly Eddie/Alvarez replacements if they go
I think/hope that you can switch Bernie, Rico, Jack and Kova to the central midfield positions.
RB will be Walker/Akanji
That would leave the wingers as Bobb, Doku, and Savinho with N'dala as a cup option.

They obviously are. At the moment.

Both in Pep's and the Club's mind, and on paper too.

I think/hope that you can switch Bernie, Rico, Jack and Kova to the central midfield positions.
RB will be Walker/Akanji
That would leave the wingers as Bobb, Doku, and Savinho with N'dala as a cup option.
Issue would be winning the ball in the air in the centre of the park. Rodri rarely misses a header. Fernandinho was also excellent in that regard. I’d like us to buy a player who can do that for us when Rodri isn’t playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.