It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think the lack of complaceny will come from two things:
1. The fact that it’s a good group and a team of born winners who so far have shown no signs of let up.
2. The fact that there are two players for pretty much every position. Competition will prevent it. If Grealish isn’t up to standard then doku plays. Same. On other side with bobb/Bernardo and savio. Same in middle with Kev and foden. Haaland and Alvarez. Dias/ake with stones and akanji. Ederson and Ortega. It’s a hell of a squad when you actually go through the team and 10 man bench.
But the elephant in the room is there is no fit for purpose replacement for Rodri, and last seasons results show that when he doesn't play we more than likely lose.

It will be criminal if the club don't buy a player to allow Rodri to have a rest, if we're not careful we are going to totally burn the guy out. Just my opinion thats all.

But the elephant in the room is there is no fit for purpose replacement for Rodri, and last seasons results show that when he doesn't play we more than likely lose.

It will be criminal if the club don't buy a player to allow Rodri to have a rest, if we're not careful we are going to totally burn the guy out. Just my opinion thats all.
Buying a player for Rodri cover means one of the current group of players won’t even have a place on the bench. That player would likely be nunes or Rico and that’s not a good thing either for the squad

The elephant in the room is that we have a billion pound squad with one of the greatest managers of all time and people are suggesting we are nothing and they need their hand held by Rodri.

The likes of Kovacic are more than capable deputies, no one else in world football has a more experienced midfielder to drop in for their usual first choice.

The games we lost without Rodri were shit performances all round, I dont know if Rodri would have made a difference, just a weird set of games. Shit deflection last minute goal by Arse, 1-0 loss. Wolves, Hwang should have been sent off and we probably would have battered a 10 man team and Villa were flying last year, again just a narrow 1-0 loss.

Looking at his apps last year, Rodri was rested in pretty much all of the games you would expect e.g. Dead rubbers in CL and the weak FA cup games. Probably could have been subbed earlier in several premier league games but that is about it.

The elephant in the room is that we have a billion pound squad with one of the greatest managers of all time and people are suggesting we are nothing and they need their hand held by Rodri.

The likes of Kovacic are more than capable deputies, no one else in world football has a more experienced midfielder to drop in for their usual first choice.

The games we lost without Rodri were shit performances all round, I dont know if Rodri would have made a difference, just a weird set of games. Shit deflection last minute goal by Arse, 1-0 loss. Wolves, Hwang should have been sent off and we probably would have battered a 10 man team and Villa were flying last year, again just a narrow 1-0 loss.

Looking at his apps last year, Rodri was rested in pretty much all of the games you would expect e.g. Dead rubbers in CL and the weak FA cup games. Probably could have been subbed earlier in several premier league games but that is about it.
I wish I could like this twice. The run of games last season that we lost without Rodri has been wildly overblown.

Well the proof of the pudding is always in the eating so they say. I did say it was my opinion nothing more. I agree with you on 2 of the 3 league games we lost when he was suspended, but the Villa away game we got a real schooling and the footballing Gods only know how it was only 1-0 at the end. Rodri himself has stated that if the Champions League final had gone to extra time he couldn't have played on he was dead on his feet. Anyway the start of a new season is nearly here and I hope we can hit the ground running with or without a Rodri backup, or alternative:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.