It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Get the banners out City are signing a left back, Christian McFarlane. now when City first dropped the name 2 years ago i had a quick look at him, quick and strong, standard American, but he was also comfortable on the ball, i do not know how he has developed. But this puts right 6 years of failure, because it is 6 years since Angelinho broke through.
So for me every year we had no one capable of challenging the LB slot, coming through the academy, and for most of that 6 years we have had no first team player, we should have bought, if they failed we should have bought again, and again.
So good luck Cristian.
He will be in the academy team.

6 years of failure what are you on?
By 'failure' he must mean LB strength compared to RB where we've had Walker, Cancelo, Rico, Akanji and Stones as options. The inbalance in strength between left and right has been weird, maybe failure is a bit strong though. Personally I blame Mendy for everything, wonder how he's getting on suing us for loss of wages, good luck with that one Benjamin...
McFarlane has only made one senior appearance for NYC, so he must be heading for the EDS squad. Calum Doyle is probably on his last chance to nail a senior place on the current tour, otherwise, he'll be down the road. There are still rumours re Kova to Fernabache who have a highly rated LB (Ferdi Kadioglu, 7 5 Fotmob rating), maybe a swap deal is on Tikki's mind ?, nobody knows, not even Pep

Last edited:
Get the banners out City are signing a left back, Christian McFarlane. now when City first dropped the name 2 years ago i had a quick look at him, quick and strong, standard American, but he was also comfortable on the ball, i do not know how he has developed. But this puts right 6 years of failure, because it is 6 years since Angelinho broke through.
So for me every year we had no one capable of challenging the LB slot, coming through the academy, and for most of that 6 years we have had no first team player, we should have bought, if they failed we should have bought again, and again.
So good luck Cristian.
We loaned out Angelino in something like 2018 to the likes of Girona and Mallorca eventually selling him to PSV, We bought him back and he was nowhere near good enough (Realistically we bought him because he had a good year at PSV and we had an cheap option to buy back and we knew we could make profit on him by selling him again).

I really don't know how you are coming up with "6 years of failure" how on earth have you come to that conclusion?

● 5 trophies in a single season
● Treble
● 4 Premier League Titles in a row

Angelino was actually more of a Left Wing Back, He wasn't a left back, He was shocking defensively.

Plus Pep wanted to go down the route of playing a left footed centre back at left back which has worked a treat, Ake has arguably been one of the best defenders in Europe of the last two years.

Now we have Gvardiol at left back who was absolutely sensational in the second half of last season.

Obviously we all have different views, I just find this one really strange that you call it "6 years of failure".

Bernado not leaving and Savio signing means we don't need another midfielder unless someone goes. Means we have to push either Kovacic or Nunes out the door which I imagine won't be easy.

Can Kovacic cover Rodri?

Think this summer is going to be about resigning players/Pep and working out next summer.

Can see us going for a player like Wharton next year after another year experience and going all out for Musiala or Wirtz

Bernado not leaving and Savio signing means we don't need another midfielder unless someone goes. Means we have to push either Kovacic or Nunes out the door which I imagine won't be easy.

Can Kovacic cover Rodri?

Think this summer is going to be about resigning players/Pep and working out next summer.

Can see us going for a player like Wharton next year after another year experience and going all out for Musiala or Wirtz

@tolmie's hairdoo mentioned we were possibly having to make the move this year as the dippers and rags had made contact?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.