It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Still hard to believe a few days before the season we haven't even genuinely been linked to a new right back or central midfielder. Txiki you've got some work to do, mate.

Bruno is probably the only one out of what we are linked for that makes sense.

If we can get Cancelo/ Phillips out then Felix on loan is not the worse deal (as it would give our new Argentine 6 months to adapt whilst providing cover).

The club tends to come out of these smelling well, but I am concerned that we seem to lose goal scorers and replace with players who don’t tend to do the same numbers.

- Sterling (although I have no issue with that sale
- Jesus
- Mahrez
- Gondogan
- Palmer
- Alvarez

Is a lot of quality and goals gone, not saying we shouldn’t have done these deals or had no choice just not sure who we have brought brings the same numbers (which means they need to be found elsewhere)

Still hard to believe a few days before the season we haven't even genuinely been linked to a new right back or central midfielder. Txiki you've got some work to do, mate.
Well we have 4 right backs already, 5 if you want to include Cancelo so hardly a position we need to be looking at.

Bruno is probably the only one out of what we are linked for that makes sense.

If we can get Cancelo/ Phillips out then Felix on loan is not the worse deal (as it would give our new Argentine 6 months to adapt whilst providing cover).

The club tends to come out of these smelling well, but I am concerned that we seem to lose goal scorers and replace with players who don’t tend to do the same numbers.

- Sterling (although I have no issue with that sale
- Jesus
- Mahrez
- Gondogan
- Palmer
- Alvarez

Is a lot of quality and goals gone, not saying we shouldn’t have done these deals or had no choice just not sure who we have brought brings the same numbers (which means they need to be found elsewhere)
If we hadn't replaced the goals of those players we wouldn't have continued to win but what happens is players like Foden step up. Rodri is capable of 10+ a season and I fully expect Savinho and Doku to contribute. It was a down year for Bernardo and Grealish last year but both are capable of a fair share also.

No links to anyone all summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.