It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Did you miss that we have Kovacic, Bernardo, Nico O'Reilly and Maximo Perrone available as 6's for Rodri's backup?
And if fully fit and available Rodri starts 110% of the time. I get we need someone to help with his load management or god forbid an injury/suspension but we have a lot of options currently still.

Not a doom and gloom merchant but maybe the lack of signings could be that A) Pep is happy to go with what he’s got or B) That Pep is going at the end of the season.
Having said that there is still a few weeks left in the transfer window..
You not reckon even if Pep goes, style of play and therefore type of player will remain the same. After all style of play goes right down to the under 2s

I suspect Pep and his coaching team might disagree.
they threw him on loan last season and he hasn’t improved, he also was actually one of our worst players in pre season. Nothing wrong with not being at city’s level at all, he just won’t make it there is no games where I think they will trust him

You not reckon even if Pep goes, style of play and therefore type of player will remain the same. After all style of play goes right down to the under 2s
Another manager might not see players fit their system like Pep does even if the overall play style is similar. Talent ID varies from manager to manager and each prefers their own set of players or key individuals who understand their vision perfectly in how to execute the tactics. Style could be same but let’s say next manager would want different profiles in the middle or different fullbacks. Hence if Pep does leave it would make sense to not go all out this window till he’s decided. If he stays we give him what he wants next summer as there are a couple major exits on the horizon. If he goes we can back the next manager easily by giving him key players because of not spending as much this window. That’s how I see it honestly. Hence I’m alright with the lack of signings this summer.

Another manager might not see players fit their system like Pep does even if the overall play style is similar. Talent ID varies from manager to manager and each prefers their own set of players or key individuals who understand their vision perfectly in how to execute the tactics. Style could be same but let’s say next manager would want different profiles in the middle or different fullbacks. Hence if Pep does leave it would make sense to not go all out this window till he’s decided. If he stays we give him what he wants next summer as there are a couple major exits on the horizon. If he goes we can back the next manager easily by giving him key players because of not spending as much this window. That’s how I see it honestly. Hence I’m alright with the lack of signings this summer.
I get that, but do you not think next manager would suit style of current play, obviously with the odd tweak, rather than starting from scratch with an entirely new system.
For instance would city ever employ Klopp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.