It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

But Locatelli would be coming from a different country, he'd have to learn the league and learn how to play under Pep.
If he doesn't hit the ground running then that may be a big problem, see Phillips and Nunes (who i'm not writing off quite yet) as examples.

Maybe the club are wary of having another scenario like that so would rather develop our own younger players who at least have played in the same system and can be brought along at the club's pace?
Could be, but I suppose it's a matter of which do we think is a bigger risk? I'd rather take my chances on a pro even knowing it didn't work out with Phillips...If anyone goes through my posting history I tend to lean heavily in support of the club. For some reason I'm getting a queasy feeling about how we're moving that I haven't felt in years. I'm hoping we make a key move or two and praying that if we don't this crew will be good enough to withstand injuries and the long season ahead.

Could be, but I suppose it's a matter of which do we think is a bigger risk? I'd rather take my chances on a pro even knowing it didn't work out with Phillips...If anyone goes through my posting history I tend to lean heavily in support of the club. For some reason I'm getting a queasy feeling about how we're moving that I haven't felt in years. I'm hoping we make a key move or two and praying that if we don't this crew will be good enough to withstand injuries and the long season ahead.
We have an established squad with top quality players that has been built up over the last few years and if they're all fit, the team pretty much picks itself.
As we haven't had anyone leave bar Alvarez, it's difficult to get the same level of quality to come in and be a squad player, especially as they're established first teamers at their current clubs.

The injuries are the key unknown in all this though.
We may get lucky and have a relatively injury free season (like the arse did last season) and if so, we still have the best squad in the league.
If not, then we could be in trouble and as Pep said today, we'll have to address it in January.

We have an established squad with top quality players that has been built up over the last few years and if they're all fit, the team pretty much picks itself.
As we haven't had anyone leave bar Alvarez, it's difficult to get the same level of quality to come in and be a squad player, especially as they're established first teamers at their current clubs.

The injuries are the key unknown in all this though.
We may get lucky and have a relatively injury free season (like the arse did last season) and if so, we still have the best squad in the league.
If not, then we could be in trouble and as Pep said today, we'll have to address it in January.
It has been built up but there have also been numerous key departures. Through all that we've been able to maintain a squad of a certain size AND level. This particular squad is a bit light in comparison. I'm not saying we need some kind of overhaul, but I am saying we need 1 or 2 key additions to remain at or near the top of the pyramid both in England and in Europe.

Think it's too late for us to consider it. No obvious replacement.

Unless we went in hard for Kimmich...
It is not fresh news that Walker has been in touch with Saudi. Just no offer came yet. I believe the club has a back up plan and candidates in touch if he wants to go. Anyway we have to consider about it given his age. If we don't get a replacement this summer we will need to do it next summer and potentially pay a higher price. (If Rico decides to move to midfield of course)

Who said anything about shiny toys? There is a such a thing as a viable professional who can do a job for us. Someone like a Locatelli would be a massive upgrade over Nico O'Reilly as an example. Someone who would not cost us a fortune and doesn't need to start all the time. Someone who can provide quality depth, the sort we've always had.

So are you saying we aren't confident that we have irrefutable evidence? We are certainly not operating in what one would consider SOP for us...
What else could be the reason, I would assume the management are just being careful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.