It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Where does Duran Duran and Gold come in?

So bottom line, IYO, do we have enough to compete on all fronts at our established standard with the squad as is. I say no and I'm sticking with that opinion...
We certainly have the ability to compete, but we’ve moved backwards over the last few windows, we had our foot on the throat of Madrid but seemed to have regressed in our ambition from a transfer perspective. It’s slightly concerning why we haven’t (or appear to not) made any moves aligned with the ongoing charges, FFP, FPR regulations and the uncertainty of Pep contract. When we win our case I hope we receive sufficient compensation for damages.

if early summer ITK infos are correct we gonna sign 1 or 2 big names still. otherwise lot of crap was fed to ITKs if Savio is the only name.

and those bigger rumours were way before we knew we gonna cash in on JA.

I expect busy 2 weeks for PL top6/top7, lot of money still to be spent on transfers.

to me it will look fishy if the step on the brake so much with about 100m positive in net spend. either something with the shit ffp case hanging over us or Pep not fancy a renewal or any rebuild and wants one last go with what we have.

sure we had lessons to learn from Phillips, Nunes transfers, but at least the Kovacic type of transfer where we get a cheap, experienced rotational option for a DM and instead of Alvarez wouldnt cost a fortune and could be very useful. otherwise we could have said last summer why bring in Kovacic, Stones can continue to step up to midfield, and Lewis can fill in etc. Kovacic then ended up with decent minutes and became a good rotational option, and see out games etc with also not demanding to be first name on the teamsheet.
and then we even brought Nunes on top thinking we need even more options.

its the opposite this summer.

get Chelsea game out of the way and then I am sure Pep will have a talk with Txiki again albeit any business we might do now we could have done a month ago too.

worried of KDB as well especially fitness wise, and games coming up every 3 days and he is still to play for Belgium a lot too, last season he was more fresh 2nd half of season due to his huge time off 1st half of it. we had end product from Alvarez to offset him missing a lot of games but imo he will still miss a lot of game at least as in rotation but few injuries also expected.
and there are more CL games and new CWC in June and possibly wont go out of Carabao very first game like last season.
The best thing Kev could do is retire from international duty to prolong his career

My prediction is and I've said this before... We won't sign anyone else this window.

I just don't think we have identified any options on the market that are worth buying in the positions we need.

If we had identified targets, we'd have heard some murmurs by now.

We haven't been linked to anybody to replace Alvarez or anybody to be a deputy for Rodri.

Personally I'd have paid the 100m for Bruno G to begin with, but that ship has sailed now.

It's very difficult to find a player that is happy to accept playing second fiddle to Rodri. Kalvin Phillips would have been happy to do that, but sadly he wasn't good enough to even act as a deputy.

I think it's the same for a forward player coming in to play second fiddle for Haaland too.

Let's see what happens, but I think this is now our squad for the season.
Bruno was the player Pep reportedly wanted, he would have complimented and played alongside Rodri.

I fear we as a club are not convinced Pep is staying and cash is been stockpiled for next summer and a possible change of manager.

Let's see what happens next week but there is not a murmur of a whisper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.