It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Start of that season was a mess with covid and we won the league at a canter that year too. I think we finished more than double digits ahead of 2nd so we could afford to give players gametime at the backend of the season.

I disagree with the idea he doesn't trust Nunes, we just have had better options available and haven't been in a situation where there isn't something on the line.

If we'd have been in a situation where the league was wrapped up and he wasn't getting games or the opposite where the league was officially gone and he wasn't playing then I can accept that as a sign he isn't fancied. That hasn't been thr case, we've been chased right to the last game, peps always going to play his best team in those situations. I simply don't believe there's been any sign whatsoever in such a short period of time that he is anything remotely like Phillips.
You can tell if Pep trusts the players by the games he plays them in.

(Not sure if you actually looked at the data linked for each player?)

Of the first 4 games of Ake's first season, (when no one knew which team was going to win the league), Ake played 3 full 90minutes at CB, scoring 1 goal, (in the other game he came on for Mendy at LB on 71 minutes). Then he got an injured groin followed by a hamstring injury. His season was hampered by injury but was regularly playing whole 90 minute games when he was fit.

With Nunes, he only played 90 minutes of PL football for us, all season, in 3 home games to Luton, Burnley and Forest.

IMO it's quite clear Pep doesn't trust Nunes yet.

I agree if there was nothing at stake Nunes would likely have been given more game time.

Phillips was clearly another player who was not trusted in tough fixtures when something significant was at stake.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.