It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The squad size thing is slightly blurred.Previous seasons we've had 20 in the main squad plus Foden, then maybe include Palmer and academy players that were hardly or never used so 22 ish. This season the main squad will be 19 plus Foden but also plus Bobb,Lewis, McAtee and maybe O'Reilly that could all get usefull minutes so 23/24 ish squad.

Yes and no. Which is why I tend to treat it in terms of the 21 limit. We have always had Fodens, Palmers, Garcias, Celinas, Bobbs, Delaps, Lewises etc. on top of the 20/21. Granted, Lewis is better than most we have had in terms of the contribution he will likely have.

If we sign nobody, this will be the first time we go into a season with 19 of the 21. That's not a complaint or a concern, just an observation. It is indeed blurred by the youth, but I think it always has been, so the difference still applies imo.

I doubt Pep is unhappy with what he has regardless, otherwise things would be happening or have happened already, and that is more than good enough for me.

Yes and no. Which is why I tend to treat it in terms of the 21 limit. We have always had Fodens, Palmers, Garcias, Celinas, Bobbs, Delaps, Lewises etc. on top of the 20/21. Granted, Lewis is better than most we have had in terms of the contribution he will likely have.

If we sign nobody, this will be the first time we go into a season with 19 of the 21. That's not a complaint or a concern, just an observation. It is indeed blurred by the youth, but I think it always has been, so the difference still applies imo.

I doubt Pep is unhappy with what he has regardless, otherwise things would be happening or have happened already, and that is more than good enough for me.
Yes,definitely with McAtee and O'Reilly we don't know how much time they'll get,would put Bobb in the Lewis category though, when he comes back.

Yes,definitely with McAtee and O'Reilly we don't know how much time they'll get,would put Bobb in the Lewis category though, when he comes back.

I expect barely anything from O'Reilly. Very little from McAtee. Agree on Bobb, but think Lewis is more of a sure thing.

In terms of minutes/meaningful contribution, I should clarify, rather than their quality or potential.

You could argue Bobb won us the title last year with his Newcastle goal. So it is not putely minutes I am counting, meaningful contribution in significant games, or minutes that give others rest all tally up for me.

We should have gone for Rice instead of Phillips but better to wait for a new Rice than sign another Phillips.
Not at £100m +. He is incapable of being a straight replacement for Rodri as he needs someone to hold his hand. Unlike Rodri, he cannot do the holding role on his own so we would have to leave out De Bruyne, Foden or Bernardo. Also, he's a plodder and cannot think quickly enough for the way we play. He needs three touches whereas most of our squad need one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.