It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

A reason why we might not be desperate to replace Alvarez with another striker is because we anticipate that Bobb is capable of playing that role. He’s always had an eye for goal, 33 goals and 36 assists, and while most people have viewed him as a winger, he is adept at playing centrally. If his injury had ruled him out for the season, we might have felt pressured to sign someone, but if we anticipate him returning by Christmas and showing the same pre-season form, then it makes sense to be patient
pep said he will return in january plus how much time it will take to get into sharpness, i wouldn't expect him to play till february at best, like with kev

I think its obvious Bobb could play the role-but I also think watching Savio's movement, he could play there too.

It's not his job to find the player. That's Txiki's job
And I'm sure he's doing it. Maybe we feel we don't need a back-up and can deploy a false 9 again if/when needed. Maybe we have someone in mind that isn't be available at the moment so we've decided to wait rather than bringing in a stop-gap.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing and if we don't bring any more players in, then there will be a good reason for that.

Although we do have Savinho to free up the position Foden or Kev would play, pushing them in either behind haaland, or instead of (with others like Grealish Gundo then also taking up different roles).

Look I want a second striker, and have committed to saying I expected one by the end of the window. If we don't end up with one though, we have options. And we also have January not far off if they happen to not work as expected.
we often do a last minute approach that being revealed later in the season btw, wonder if we will try to test the waters this time

In blow out games we can play a false one and put Eddie in at the 9.

That said- is there a rule where you can't pull your 9, pop the goalie in there after a kit change and then put in your back up keeper?

Sorry I think Eddie's getting the tasket for goals and will need to be fed.

Nobody in the current squad can replace Rodri as a 6 and none of the ones you mention is a natural pivot.
I think with Gundo back and Kovacic in form we're more than well prepared to win some games w/o Rodri.
However, I don't think we're in the same position when it comes to alternatives to Haaland...I've seen nothing that tells me Savinho or Doku are suited to play as wide men in a false 9 system. Grealish was shit his first season here when we had no identifiable 9. Some are saying Foden but then we lose the top goal scoring AM in the Prem as a knock-on effect.
Not replacing Alvarez and going with no second 9 in the squad is a huge risk no matter how the club try to downplay it or some on here try to sugar coat it.
Let's keep it 100% real. If someone were doing an independent analysis of our side as it is, the lack of an identified second 9 would be considered a weakness and assessed as a high risk.

In blow out games we can play a false one and put Eddie in at the 9.

That said- is there a rule where you can't pull your 9, pop the goalie in there after a kit change and then put in your back up keeper?

Sorry I think Eddie's getting the tasket for goals and will need to be fed.
David James says hi!

I think with Gundo back and Kovacic in form we're more than well prepared to win some games w/o Rodri.
However, I don't think we're in the same position when it comes to alternatives to Haaland...I've seen nothing that tells me Savinho or Doku are suited to play as wide men in a false 9 system. Grealish was shit his first season here when we had no identifiable 9. Some are saying Foden but then we lose the top goal scoring AM in the Prem as a knock-on effect.
Not replacing Alvarez and going with no second 9 in the squad is a huge risk no matter how the club try to downplay it or some on here try to sugar coat it.
Let's keep it 100% real. If someone were doing an independent analysis of our side as it is, the lack of an identified second 9 would be considered a weakness and assessed as a high risk.
agree with this.

The clubs summer recruitment has been rather baffling tbh. We've added another wide player when we were already well stocked in that area, and completely lucked into Gundo coming back - good though that is he's 34 in November and joins 3 other 30 plus central midfielders in KDB, Kovacic and Bernie.

We've lost Alvarez and failed to replace him. We still havent addressed the Rodri issue and have now decided Kovacic is that man though we had zero trust in him last season doing it, thus the squads 2 main issues simply haven't been addressed.

We are 1 injury from a huge hole and a major problem. Meanwhile we've trousered £170m in fees. For me this implies 2 inferences - the first being that a large transfer pot is being saved for a new manager next summer and Pep is off, or we are expecting a huge fine in the 115 hearings.

Overall the squad is stronger,remains to be seen whether playing a false 9 is weaker or stronger than Alvarez when Haaland doesn't play.
A false 9 being better than Alvarez in Haaland's place?
Mate, you're taking this pro bono gig a bit too far...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.