It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

you realise just how well run we actually are when you see these clubs panic buying absolute shite on the final day , I mean some clubs are swapping like for like crap

There is not one single player that any of our wider rivals have signed, that I would particularly want at City or think would have been great here. Not one. Zubimendi would have been one but even that was before Gundo.
Yea agree with this, barring Mbappe there is no one I've seen move this summer who'd of instantly improved us. The two teams I think will be direct rivals for the title in Liverpool and Arsenal have signed a couple of decent players but none that make me sit up and take notice. Arsenal didn't buy that killer goalscorer everyone seems to think they badly need, and the scousers bought another wide player and not the number 6 they wanted. We probably could or done with a a backup 9 but as with Arsenal and Liverpool it's not as easy as some people on this forum serm to think it is to get the player you need and want.

You do understand that committing to a false 9 system as your primary mode of attack for an entire season is different from playing with an out an out dominant CF and switching to a false 9 from time to time. It's irrelevant now. As long as Haaland stays healthy and we don't underperform, 5 in a row incoming...

You do understand that there’s no need to panic about not having a Haaland replacement when we have the players we have to be flexible.

Yea agree with this, barring Mbappe there is no one I've seen move this summer who'd of instantly improved us. The two teams I think will be direct rivals for the title in Liverpool and Arsenal have signed a couple of decent players but none that make me sit up and take notice. Arsenal didn't buy that killer goalscorer everyone seems to think they badly need, and the scousers bought another wide player and not the number 6 they wanted. We probably could or done with a a backup 9 but as with Arsenal and Liverpool it's not as easy as some people on this forum serm to think it is to get the player you need and want.
Next summer will be the time to strike if City are smart (which our board is).

Fully expect to see us finally break open the war chest and bring in the next generational midfielder to replace the KDB/Bernie/Gundo era. Really hope it's Musiala.

Or maybe we already have the next KDB in the fold in Claudio Echeverri, who knows. I jest but it would save us a nice chunk of change if Echeverri turns out to be of the same quality as Alvarez.

There is not one single player that any of our wider rivals have signed, that I would particularly want at City or think would have been great here. Not one. Zubimendi would have been one but even that was before Gundo.

I actually agree with this. I would have liked a second striker added to the squad, but those good enough would want to be more than back up (Osimhen, Toney, Ferguson).

Savinho looks to be a great signing, and obviously Gundo coming back is brilliant.

Of our rivals, hopefully Chiesa turns out only £10m for a reason, and Sterling continues to shit himself in front of goal.

Should disaster strike and Haaland get injured - not sure playing a false nine with the two wing sensations would work as well as last time. Suppose Pep would change it all around. Possession then becomes key again.

Should disaster strike and Haaland get injured - not sure playing a false nine with the two wing sensations would work as well as last time. Suppose Pep would change it all around. Possession then becomes key again.
Or it could work, like it usually does

Kinda funny how a lot of our fans are panicking about Haaland cover and resorting to a F9 while Arsenal set up with Havetz as their main striker and Liverpool have an unconventional centre forward in Jota

I'm not concerned abut our ability to score goals, even if Haaland can't play

Finding a back-up is a hard job, thays why so many don't have one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.