It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Still think it’s a stupid and unnecessary gamble not to sign some sort of back up for Haaland when we’re literally rolling in cash
Probably inevitable now that he does a hamstring in the next couple of weeks and is gone til Christmas
The entire reason we signed him was because the false 9 had been well and truly sussed by rivals
And don’t get me started about support for Rodri. The poor lad had to deliberately get himself sent off last season just to get a break
As I said, it all just seems stupid and irresponsible.
“Oh but who’s available?”
That’s why Txiki gets paid a salary we can only dream of
If they both get injured then we frankly deserve the consequences, seemingly for playing up to external optics
Who is your idea of a ‘back up’ to Haarland’?
A brilliant finisher who doesn’t play, at all, unless Erling is injured?
Or: An average striker who will never play, unless injuries allow, who is a massive drop off from what we’ve got?
Same question for Rodri. Who do you get who accepts they’ll literally Never Play, unless the main man is injured, but will be expected to be at that level instantly, should that happen?

Might be best to stop worrying about what we haven’t got and focus on what we have got…….

We won the league back to back without playing any striker at all.

Jesus decided he wasn’t a striker at all and wanted to play on the right during the final part of his City career.
You do understand that committing to a false 9 system as your primary mode of attack for an entire season is different from playing with an out an out dominant CF and switching to a false 9 from time to time. It's irrelevant now. As long as Haaland stays healthy and we don't underperform, 5 in a row incoming...

Who is your idea of a ‘back up’ to Haarland’?
A brilliant finisher who doesn’t play, at all, unless Erling is injured?
Or: An average striker who will never play, unless injuries allow, who is a massive drop off from what we’ve got?
Same question for Rodri. Who do you get who accepts they’ll literally Never Play, unless the main man is injured, but will be expected to be at that level instantly, should that happen?

Might be best to stop worrying about what we haven’t got and focus on what we have got…….
Exactly. That's why Palmer and Alvarez both moved on. They would have been understudies at City for quite some time but definitely good enough to be very, very good starters at other good clubs.

Still think it’s a stupid and unnecessary gamble not to sign some sort of back up for Haaland when we’re literally rolling in cash
Probably inevitable now that he does a hamstring in the next couple of weeks and is gone til Christmas
The entire reason we signed him was because the false 9 had been well and truly sussed by rivals
And don’t get me started about support for Rodri. The poor lad had to deliberately get himself sent off last season just to get a break
As I said, it all just seems stupid and irresponsible.
“Oh but who’s available?”
That’s why Txiki gets paid a salary we can only dream of
If they both get injured then we frankly deserve the consequences, seemingly for playing up to external optics
Never mind all that. I can't shift this image now of Txiki 'literally rolling in cash'!

We're stronger but time will tell if not replacing Alvarez is a mistake.
Echeverri is supposedly joining in January too, so hopefully we've done enough.
If relying on Echeverri as cover, my concern is twofold. One, as you say, his introduction to English football isn't until January at the earliest and two, he's an untried and untested 18 year old with no experience at this level. That's an awful lot of weight on a youngster's shoulders. That's why I'm confident Pep will have already formulated a plan to cope in Haaland's inevitable absence at some point, irrespective of Echeverri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.