It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

While I can understand why any young footballer would choose Madrid over us because of their Hollywood/ galactico policy, I think at this point it reflects badly on the player.

Working with Pep v Ancelotti? Our squad v theirs?

It’s understandable that a player may take the opportunity to go there when they get the chance because it might not arise again but there’s tons of young players who’ve been burnt by moves there. I think it’s better to back your talents at the right place now. If you’re good enough Madrid will always want a new shiny thing.

I accept that this sounds like a “didn’t fancy her anyway sort of thing” and I definitely have blue tinted glasses but I wouldn’t want any player that would choose Madrid over City at this point in time. It’s brand and dollar signs over brilliant coaching and genuine development. We are better run club, in a better league with a better coach and structure and with brilliant long term planning.

I think you downplay Real Madrid there way too much. They've got one of the best managers ever in charge. They've got some ageing players but also some very good young ones who they've recruited over previous years, and they'll continue to invest. It's a risky move for Bellingham. We'd be easier to say yes to. Back to England, closer to family and at a club that will allow him to move on if he ever wants to. He's backed himself to go and do it at Real Madrid now and only deserves credit for that really. I'd loved to have had him here, but he's not choosing between us and the rags. Real Madrid can offer a lot of what we can.

It'll be Gundogan staying, which is so "in-cre-di-ble" and worthy of cryptic teasers since it's already been reported by actual journalists and even by other forum "sources" on here as well. Still, we're 9/10 to get Bellingham, so I'm sure that'll be breaking any day now.

Ah, there we go!

Glad my policy of actual journalists being frauds and people on the internet being spot-on continues to pay off.

I hope we get that viega kid now
To play where he’s an attacking midfielder- unless you are moving Kev wide pep wouldn’t play both players in a midfield 3- they both are looking for a killer pass all the time. Gundogan/Bernardo provide a balance to the team with their ability to control the game next to Rodri

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.