It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Cant really blame the club for missing out on players at this stage of the year

Our midfielders dont deserve stories of a new signing right before they go into a champions league final

Therefore if we wanted one of bellingham or mac allister they probably said you have to wait until after the final

If neither wanted to wait, its on them, let them go elsewhere

If they didnt want to join anyway, glad theyve been removed from the equation early

Im on the Declan Rice train all day long

Sure the club have it all worked out. Be intresting to see if mcatee and perrone are given a chance or we go and buy big. Can only see rice atm still holding out hope bernie stays.

I think you downplay Real Madrid there way too much. They've got one of the best managers ever in charge. They've got some ageing players but also some very good young ones who they've recruited over previous years, and they'll continue to invest. It's a risky move for Bellingham. We'd be easier to say yes to. Back to England, closer to family and at a club that will allow him to move on if he ever wants to. He's backed himself to go and do it at Real Madrid now and only deserves credit for that really. I'd loved to have had him here, but he's not choosing between us and the rags. Real Madrid can offer a lot of what we can.

Madrid are one of the biggest clubs in the world and you’re right to say he’s backing himself going there in one sense. They also finished behind a broke Barca, they’ll need a real overhaul and they have a very unbalanced squad. He’s not joining peak Madrid, this is throwing money at their problems Madrid.

They also play in a racist league run by a tubby wannabe fascist. Madrid is shiny new toys and no plan other than but the next shiny new toy. They have no centre forward, their main stars are aging, though they are starting to collect up and coming centre midfielders.

Ancelotti is a great coach in that he gets good results of whatever squad he’s given but he’s no visionary (he’s also not going to be there much longer). Look at how Pep has affected football. Look at our midfield, look at KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo, Fernandinho, Silva and Rodri all at their best under Pep. Same with Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta at Barca or Lahm or Kimmich at Bayern. If you have ambitions of being the best midfielder you want to work for Pep.

I understand the attraction of Madrid but they are, to me at least, more bright lights and glitter than substance at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.