It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

With potentially Bernardo and Mahrez leaving (although that’s probably unlikely) and Foden playing more centrally, I think we’ll be looking at right wingers. No ones replacing Grealish anytime soon
Yes, but he is still a young player, so perhaps he could perform at the same level on the right.

In terms of excitement, get me Diaby. I just haven’t watched enough to know if he is actually good or a product of the Bundesliga style

With potentially Bernardo and Mahrez leaving (although that’s probably unlikely) and Foden playing more centrally, I think we’ll be looking at right wingers. No ones replacing Grealish anytime soon

On the contrary, the wide left is rather thin in terms of alternatives & creativity. We don't know how Pep will change the way we play next season. Difficult to envisage he would maintain the same style of play after losing a number of key players (if, of course, we lose the players you mentioned + Bernardo?) next season. We can't just rely on one player for the whole season, hoping he never gets injured. If Grealish gets long term injuries, we will have limited, weakened options on the wide left.

Last edited:
In terms of excitement, get me Diaby. I just haven’t watched enough to know if he is actually good or a product of the Bundesliga style
I mentioned previously that I watched both legs of the Roma-Leverkusen semifinals and he and Wirtz were the only players who really stood out in my eyes. I think he'd potentially be a really good signing.

I would add Rice to that mix, we need some serious energy and athleticism in that midfield.

Not convinced Phillips is the answer or good enough
I thought so too. But after last night, in convinced Stones is better than I gave him credit for and would likely get better in the role next season. With Kovacic and Phillips that role is more than stocked. Not to mention Lewis being able to play there too.

An attacking mid to replace Berny and Gundo. And an attacking Wide player to replace Mahrez.

Gvardiol -- Laporte and Gomez
Kovacic - Gundo
Le Fee - Bernardo
Slobozslai - Mahrez

Those 4 should be enough for the refresh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.