It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Laporte, Silva, Gundo, Perrone (loan) to go? or you cashing in on Mahrez?
Of those, I’d be saying adieu to Laporte, Mahrez, and, sadly, Bernardo if he wishes to leave. Cancelo and Mendy are also going to be off the books.

Gundogan strikes me as someone destined to work in the CFG, so I can envisage him staying, and Perrone I’d keep.

Of those, I’d be saying adieu to Laporte, Mahrez, and, sadly, Bernardo if he wishes to leave. Cancelo and Mendy are also going to be off the books.

Gundogan strikes me as someone destined to work in the CFG, so I can envisage him staying, and Perrone I’d keep.
Cancelo and Mendy arent registered, once Kova is signed, its one in one out (and Palmer cant be one to make space).

Convince Perrone he can play domestic games and not register him for CL frees another.

The way I see it/am hoping for.

Ederson/Ortega/Carson -
Only potential here is we lose Ortega and maybe replace him with Trafford. But Tolm did say we’d see news about Ortega staying soon.

Lewis/Walker/Dias/Stones/Ake/Akanji/
Gvardiol -
I think 7 is a good amount for us. Only thing changing that would be Stones/Lewis role in midfield. For me it’s clear we will target Gvardiol to replace Laporte. Gvardiol and Ake can both play left back and I believe Gomez is gone, to Burnley I’d guess. If anything with Lewis/Stones in midfield the only other signing may be a right back to understudy Walker, Joao Mario from Porto has been mentioned as has been scouted but imagine we scout a lot of players.

Rodri/Phillips -
I don’t see this changing. Phillips wants to stay and I don’t think we’d be looking to replace him like for like we’ll get a versatile midfielder that can cover his position if needed like Kovacic. I’d love Kimmich but don’t see this happening.

KDB/Foden/McAtee/Kovacic/Szoboszlai or Pedro Goncalves -
This is so hard to predict. I see Gundo and Bernie leaving after that, what a send off and I wouldn’t ever judge them for that. I think it’s clear Foden will take a more central role, KDB long term successor and could even play alongside him as Kev gets on. I think McAtee will be involved and Perrone will be loaned out. Kovacic is heavily linked and is a player that can play 6/8. I used Szobo and Goncalves as examples because like Bernado they can play inside and out wide.
I would guess Gundo to Barca but if he stays there is no point having McAtee on that list maybe try and loan him again. Bernado I think will go to PSG but again if he doesn’t do need those players.

Alvarez/Grealish/Palmer/Chiesa or Olise
(Foden/Szobo or Goncalves can also play wide) -
Again so hard to predict. I think Mahrez goes, very similar situation to Sterling. Palmer I’ve been so on the fence about but with more players potentially going and also looking at how Pep developed Foden we may see him get more time here. I really think Alvarez plays wide next year we need to get him in this team and I think that’s the way. I used Chiesa and Olise as examples of players to replace Mahrez, both great players and yes I know about Chiesa’s ACL injury.
If Palmer does go out on loan promote another youth player we have aot of potential in this position, Bobb/Borges/Mebude

Haaland/(Alvarez) -
No change here obviously.

KDB/Foden/McAtee/Kovacic/Szoboszlai or Pedro Goncalves -
I'd be shocked if McAtee is with us next season... As unpopular as it may be I'd be surprised if he ever makes it at City. The level is just that high. The jump from the championship to the PL is massive already let alone to the best team the league has ever seen. The same goes for Palmer and Lewis. Less so for the latter whose game I really like. Foden is the exception as he's genuinely a once-in-a-decade type of talent.

He is damaged goods, he recently got ACL which massively impacted on his performance this season.
He's not "damaged goods". He's simply still in the recovery phase, There's no good reason to believe he won't return to full form, probably within the next 6 to 10 months. I'm not sure he's for us, but not because he won't be fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.