It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Didn't MacAllister have a release clause?
Well, not sure. I’d read he might have iirc, but it was never clear, and if there was one, why so inexplicably low? I think I also read something about a, dreaded phrase, gentleman’s agreement with the chairman, but not sure on that either. There was certainly some speculation, agreed.
Whatever, it’s a massive difference in fee.

Well, not sure. I’d read he might have iirc, but it was never clear, and if there was one, why so inexplicably low? I think I also read something about a, dreaded phrase, gentleman’s agreement with the chairman, but not sure on that either. There was certainly some speculation, agreed.
Whatever, it’s a massive difference in fee.
Mac Allister was in the last year of his contract last season, and there was already a third of the season gone when he signed an extension.

I suspect that gave him quite a lot of bargaining power, so, whatever the agreement was, the "not a release fee" could be based on the sale price of a player well into the last year of a contract. We saw with Sterling, Sane and Jesus that you don't get top prices with a year left, and before he re-signed, his sale price would have been whatever Brighton could get in the January market.

In the circumstances, the mid range reported fee of £45m+ add ons, is probably a pretty good deal for Brighton.

I think I look at it a bit differently gvardiol is 21 he's got the potential of becoming the best in the world.

Ake/stones/akanji are all 28/29 ish.... This guy's on the market now. Laportes gone. It's a chance to lower the age in that back line with potentially the world's best in a few years time. He can play left back, centre back and the new system role in my opinion if for example stones is injured.

Ake and stones are susceptible to at least one injury a season. Having him and Dias in the centre sets us up for next 7-10 years.

Also get him in now before the new 70percent rule is in where we are more limited in what you can spend and which will hit around the time of the 3 mentioned above will all need replacing.
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. Although in the event that those guys stay injury-free it's hard to imagine there won't be some tough decisions to make for Pep.

I don't reckon laporte will stay his recent comments that " he hopes gundogan stays next season" make me think he could be staying.Otherwise why say that.?
I think that's pretty standard if there's nothing concrete... It is odd that there hasn't been a single reliable link for Laporte to another club though as there is for Bernardo to PSG for example.

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. Although in the event that those guys stay injury-free it's hard to imagine there won't be some tough decisions to make for Pep.
Never happened in a league season, won't happen next season especially with all the games

Not if Pep thinks Rice is better for the team it isn’t. I want the best players for the team if they are affordable then get them.
If Pep wanted Barella, then he’s the player we’d go for.

While entirely true, this comment is completely pointless. And being honest, now getting quite tedious. Could you maybe give it a bit of a rest. I'd rather read your opinion than broadly factual cliches on repeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.