It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be all for it, and can also see the benefit for him - whether he’s able to allow himself to step back into an assistant role is another story.
There is that, but some people are football people through and through, and Lampard strikes me as one of those. If I were advising him, I'd say take 1-2 years working with Guardiola and then see what jobs come up from there. After all, the kudos of working with Guardiola helped Arteta no end. Lampard is known and respected in the CFG, so I'd welcome him back.

I've also always thought that Guardiola needs someone to take up some of the media work, especially when things aren't going well and he becomes irascible. Long thought Bellamy was tailor-made for that role and would fight our corner both eloquently and passionately, but perhaps deep down I wanted him because I half expected him to chin a reporter!

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, I’d be all for it, and can also see the benefit for him - whether he’s able to allow himself to step back into an assistant role is another story.
This is why he maybe want to come here.

Khaldoon Al Mubarak: "People appreciate that we are producing – not just the best talent on the pitch, in the academy, in the group, but some of the best executives in the world, some of the best scouts, sporting staff. We’re the number one football brand in the world..."

Arsenal going for it this season, city a little slow on the transfer side, gundo messing around stay or go. Kova transfer taking a long time, all seems a little slow. Deal for walker should have been sorted, he's still a great squad player.

Are any of them an upgrade on what they have? Is rice a better fit than xhaka? Havertz better than Jesus, sake or martinelli?
They'll be lucky to get top 4 this season
Init lavia is a great prospect but he's not better than party yet. Havertz is s show pony...

We plan our incomings meticulously and we set a budget based on outgoings. We tend to like release clauses because then we know exactly what we have to pay and there's no messing around. A player swap deal can be messy because you're negotiating two fees at the same time. It's also something that would come up in negotiations more than something we'd plan for. If Barca come knocking for Bernardo but can't afford him, I'm sure we will ask about players we'd want. Everything De Jong has said suggests he wants to stay in Barcelona so I don't think that's ever going to happen.
The de jong hard on grows bigger each season. Wtf is our recruitment department doing? Go and find a player who has similar attributes. Badly need a playmaker imo.

Lampard in the mix...

Would be an excellent career move for Lampard.

His reputation as a top flight manager is in tatters at the moment after a couple of largely disastrous stints at Everton and Chelsea, and I can’t see any half-competent club giving him a job for the foreseeable future.

After a moderately promising start, the accepted ‘narrative’ behind Frank as a manager is one of tactical naivety and an inability to navigate the complexities of management at a premier league level club. Nice bloke though.

He could drop down the leagues again, but his confidence is probably shot - and another poor run and sacking at a championship club could see his management career over for good.

Alternatively a couple of years learning under Pep’s tactical genius, and he can rebrand himself as an entirely new manager - having clearly understood his weaknesses, and demonstrated the commitment, strength of character and humility to take the time to work on himself and improve.

Come 2025, he’ll be good to go again - narrative rewritten, and image successfully laundered!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.