It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Obviously it’s not happening but I think Rice would have been excellent in our new system.

If Stones, Dias and Ake were in defence then Rice and Rodri could have been in front of them. If Rodri needs a rest then you play Stones and Rice in front of the defence and bring in another defender.

I wouldn’t have seen the need for him in the old system when we just played Rodri as he’s too good to be a backup but in the new system I think he’d have been a good fit.

Hope he doesn't go bernie but I think foden fills his 2 roles next season 1st choice rw and can also fill in the midfield. Mcatee to add more depth for rw and no10 be intresting to see if palmer gets a move or he's back up to jack on the left??

Obviously it’s not happening but I think Rice would have been excellent in our new system.

If Stones, Dias and Ake were in defence then Rice and Rodri could have been in front of them. If Rodri needs a rest then you play Stones and Rice in front of the defence and bring in another defender.

I wouldn’t have seen the need for him in the old system when we just played Rodri as he’s too good to be a backup but in the new system I think he’d have been a good fit.
4 players for the dm next season rodri stones as first choice with Rico and Phillips as back ups think both will get plenty of game time tho usually alongside 1 of the other 2.

Spare a thought for Ake. Agreed terms with Chelsea last summer, was ready for the move had they offered the club enough. Respected City's price and timeframe limit, and happily committed to stay and fight for his place. Could have had 4 different managers, and finished 12th in the table. Instead he has the treble that he played a key part in.
I personally believe (and this is based on nothing at all) that Ake told us that if he didn't get some decent game time that he would have to move on. Our response was to get rid of Zinchenko.

Hope he doesn't go bernie but I think foden fills his 2 roles next season 1st choice rw and can also fill in the midfield. Mcatee to add more depth for rw and no10 be intresting to see if palmer gets a move or he's back up to jack on the left??
Think Palmer will go on loan, so expect a wide player in but not one expecting to be first choice, probably a younger player, alongside Gvaurdiol and Kovacic wouldn't be surprised if that's about it.

Think this is very important, KDB injury is a tough one for him at his age and could miss the first two months of the season and might not be fit till November December. So to have so young energy players who can play the games with experience with foden and gundo potentially and Rodri will be great. Reckon Perrone will be sent on loan though which I’m fine with.
Have they announced how bad KDB's injury is?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.