It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Feels the opposite to me. If we wanted Rice, he'd already be playing for City. The huge transfers for City take months to develop and this last minute interest feels artificial from West Ham.
Is it last minute interest though? We don't know if City have been talking the Rice's agent for months? I'm sure Tolmie mentioned he was a back up. I imagine we take our backups as far as we can and if the situation arises we just need to push the button?

I would also take Hakimi or Mendes. Why would we want Donnarumma? We have 2 top keepers. Then, they also offer us 30yrso Veratti. I would take him years ago, but now? Hell no.

forgot about Hakimi mate! Did his court case ever happen?

City aren't 100% sure where we are yet? The club will know exactly who we are buying this window, and next years summer window (unless someone comes from nowhere and moves up their list), and will have a shortlist of up and coming targets for summer 2025.

Our transfer dealings are not last minute impulse buys.

If we have shown a last minute interest in Rice if he wasn't in our plans originally, it won't be because we want him, it will be to push up the price and diminish our rivals ability to spend elsewhere. Think back to Maguire, Fred etc...

As for Gundo, the club will know exactly what is going on. The same with Bernardo. Just because we don't know, it doesn't mean the club don't. They will have agreed new deals or that they will leave, and asked both to keep quiet if they are leaving.
Agree with some of that but no way city are ‘showing an interest’ in rice to push his price up for Arsenal.

As for Gundo, the club will know exactly what is going on. The same with Bernardo. Just because we don't know, it doesn't mean the club don't. They will have agreed new deals or that they will leave, and asked both to keep quiet if they are leaving.
It is entirely possible they are in the process of working out a deal for Gundo. Deals don’t just happen within a few seconds. Seasons over and now pointless internationals. If he had resigned it would be announced ASAP which means he either isn’t or like I’m saying they are working out a deal. Which is why I said they don’t know where they are with Gundo.

With Bernado every one knows he wants out. Recently been reported to Spain as a preference which again most people know. It looks like the only suitors are PSG and again the club need to speak to him about whether he’ll move to Paris. Because his move is family orientated again this won’t be done instantly.

How is this hard to understand?

These are unique circumstances and I agree with your first point that we have long term plans. They might have been Gundo stays/Bernado goes and we might actually see Gundo goes/Bernado stays. And they are different beasts.

Hes the one who is 50/50 though. Gundo may not even know, nevermind City.
As much as I love gundy the only way is down in terms of performance due to his age and what he’s achieved.
The chapter needs to close and a younger talented hungry replacement found.

Those Silva quotes of him saying he doesn’t know anything yet means he will probably stay! No team a willing to pay the money for a world class player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.