It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Tbh I like this. The market is crap right now for right wingers. I’d rather play this season with Bernardo, Foden and perhaps one of Bobb or Palmer (if one of them stays) and then buy someone perfect that emerges this coming season, than buy someone that isn’t right this summer just because we feel pressured into getting someone for the sake of it. We simply don’t want or need pacy wingers. We need controllers out there, it’s what Pep wants. If there isn’t someone that is available who can do that… wait.

People are going to lose their minds, but it makes more sense to go a year without a player than with one who is a bad fit. It gives us the freedom to act once that perfect player is out there and we’re not lumbered with someone less than ideal.

Tbh I like this. The market is crap right now for right wingers. I’d rather play this season with Bernardo, Foden and perhaps one of Bobb or Palmer (if one of them stays) and then buy someone perfect that emerges this coming season, than buy someone that isn’t right this summer just because we feel pressured into getting someone for the sake of it. We simply don’t want or need pacy wingers. We need controllers out there, it’s what Pep wants. If there isn’t someone that is available who can do that… wait.

People are going to lose their minds, but it makes more sense to go a year without a player than with one who is a bad fit. It gives us the freedom to act once that perfect player is out there and we’re not lumbered with someone less than ideal.

Tbf not many decent ones available

Tbf not many decent ones available
The market is dreadful in that position. Literally the best options for our style are Raphinha and Olise (and neither are perfect fits). Our Twitter ‘fanbase’ wouldn’t be happy with either of those players and yet they’re not happy with signing nobody either. But they are the best there is.

The market is dreadful in that position. Literally the best options for our style are Raphinha and Olise (and neither are perfect fits). Our Twitter ‘fanbase’ wouldn’t be happy with either of those players and yet they’re not happy with signing nobody either. But they are the best there is.

When we failed to sign Kane for a 100 mil.. we shouldn't have signed Danny Ings for 90 mil just to make a splash and we didn't!

We instead spent a calculated amount on Julian Alvarez.

I'm happy we're smart.. even if the twatter fan base acts like complete twats and prophets of doom.

Bottom line we should act, not react and it's okay to trust the academy and Pep's teachings over the mediocre options on the market!

Last edited:

This reeks so badly of desperation I'm having to hold my nose just to read the tweet.

Can't wait for them to sign him. A paupers haaland. As you say it reeks of desperation because there's a lack of top number 9s out there, and we've got the best one.

The inevitable comparisons between him and Erling will be very good for us, but heap pressure on him. This will egg Erling on. Erling will destroy him. I'd drive this kid to trafford myself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.