It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

With Barca wanting Cancelo and Dembele available for €50m could we not just swap them players? Pep gets rid of Cancelo and we get a winger?

Already sold players for a reported 96m (including add-ons). Plenty of other players could be leaving for big money. Cancelo, Laporte, Lavia (sell-on), Tosin (sell-on) THB and T. Doyle could bring the total up to 200m.

In terms of incomings Kovacic and Gvardiol would be roughly 115m. That’s potentially a negative net spend of 85m, so there should be plenty of money available for a couple more additions. Mahrez has not yet been replaced which is something we’ll have to address. Riyad and Ilkay had 46 G&A between them last season. Although I’m a big fan of giving the likes of McAtee and Bobb a chance, I think we still need to sign another winger or midfielder. Kovacic won’t be putting up Gundogan numbers in terms of goal contributions as they are very different profiles. I think we could expect more goals and assists from Bernardo and Foden, but still think we’ll need one more player coming in

With Barca wanting Cancelo and Dembele available for €50m could we not just swap them players? Pep gets rid of Cancelo and we get a winger?

I think we will try for Raphinha rather than Dembele.

And besides player swap will be unlikely it will done in separate deal if that ever happen, good for financial book too.

We're only one man down at the moment on last season and that's ignoring McAtee coming back and Bobb perhaps stepping up. There's still a month to go and Gvardiol, although frustrating, looks like he's on his way shortly. I can't see how it's getting "smaller and smaller".
Lost loads of experience. Bobb is the only replacement to Palmer really. And McAtee is basically replacing Perrone in a spot for spot last season.

Left wing is also a one man show.

More games this season, less experience, hence a smaller squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.