It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Thought for a while that the club will just go with what we've got.

The last couple of transfer windows have been bizarre. Usually the club is quite laser focused on who they want and they go get him.

Lately it seems kind of unorganised and random. I mean the half hearted last minute bid for Rice was weird. The transfer for Phillips and Nunes even more so.

This summer, when the squad is tired and Rodri needs backup, only getting Savinho and then leaving it until the last two weeks to maybe bring in someone in.

Just weird lately.

Wish we’d just buy a bloody cover for rodri as I have a feeling he is gonna miss a few games in his season and then we will be in trouble but I don’t think nobody is coming in now .
Brace yourself…

The last couple of transfer windows have been bizarre. Usually the club is quite laser focused on who they want and they go get him.

Lately it seems kind of unorganised and random. I mean the half hearted last minute bid for Rice was weird. The transfer for Phillips and Nunes even more so.

This summer, when the squad is tired and Rodri needs backup, only getting Savinho and then leaving it until the last two weeks to maybe bring in someone in.

Just weird lately.

Not a chance, imo. That we go with what we got. We will get a player in, maybe even two.

With Phillips gone, that's now two spaces in the 21. The only time we had that low a number, was after Mendy was removed from the squad, and that changed in January. When Cancelo leaves, that'll be 3 spaces. 18/21 for the season? No chance.

We are actually light in midfield. In terms of players who can actually put a tackle in in midfield we have 3 players. (I'm not including CAMs and Nunes for obvious reasons) And then when you consider Silva will be playing on the wing for 3 months because of Bobb's injury, we have 2. I'm not saying Nunes won't blossom but he'll have to develop rapidly and be ready when called upon. We also haven't replaced goals. Foden, Rodri, KDB and Haaland are the reliable source of goals but Savio is new to the PL and Doku would have to double his output for us to make up for the loss of Alvarez. So again, another player in Savio has to ready. Few concerns but confident City will do well.

It's become more common for us to move late. I think the club take heart from the deal that brought Akanji in and feel there may be better value out there late in the window when clubs panic and try to target key positions but need to offload to do so.

We are loaded with cash and other than release clauses, which are hugely inflated generally, we will be getting stiffed if we move too soon. I would be stunned if the club didn't look to bring in another two at least, especially with Bobb's injury.

Just weird lalately.
Not really if you just buy anyone you end up like the rags a total mess.

Not a chance, imo. That we go with what we got. We will get a player in, maybe even two.

With Phillips gone, that's now two spaces in the 21. The only time we had that low a number, was after Mendy was removed from the squad, and that changed in January. When Cancelo leaves, that'll be 3 spaces. 18/21 for the season? No chance.

I thinks it's a possibility that we might.

How likely is it we get a starter or a very decent player this late in the window? Who would want their team to be weakened so late in the window and/or after the season has started?

Last year we got Nunes so my confidence isn't as high after that.

Brace yourself…
This is seriously fucking stupid from the club. Like do they not remember having Ilkay Gundogan and using him as a perfect Rodri understudy, whilst also using him as a starter most games ahead of Rodri? They just have to do the same again, not find a DM that’s happy to be on the bench most of the season. What the fuck are they on about? It’s beyond a joke at this point.

This is seriously fucking stupid from the club. Like do they not remember having Ilkay Gundogan and using him as a perfect Rodri understudy, whilst also using him as a starter most games ahead of Rodri? They just have to do the same again, not find a DM that’s happy to be on the bench most of the season. What the fuck are they on about? It’s beyond a joke at this point.
The club aren’t stupid though, ask any fan of any club and they’l tell you we recruit and plan long term better than their club. I hear it all the time. So though you or I might not see it, there is a plan a long term plan and it isn’t a fucking seriously stupid one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.