It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Spot on. Whenever a team wins the league, their fans don’t see the need for much improvement and why would they when they’ve just proven to be the best team in the league, twice in a row in our case, but if you stand still, you get caught and overtaken relatively quickly.

In two years time we could very possibly be without silva Kompany Fernandinho Aguero and indeed Pep, that’s our entire core If were not thinking ahead now, it’s going to be a very costly, busy and volatile period that will take some time to transition through.

Stones 25, Laporte 25, Bernardo Silva 24, Leroy Sané 23, Gabriel Jesus 22, Mendy 24, Ederson 25, that's 7 players 25 & under.

KDB has at least 4 or 5 years at the very top. Most of the older players have several years left & we have some great kids coming through. Mahrez only started to settle in at the end of the season. He should be much better next season & has several years left along with Walker.

We are set up nicely, to just bring in one or two players each season.

Fern & Sergio are the most difficult ones to replace.

In a sense I do tend to agree with you. We do need good players, but we have to be realistic and know it's hard to compete with the likes of Real and Barca at times even if you throw money at players. The thing is that nobody is close to Pep on a managerial level. However, I think it will be equally important to hire a manager who follows the same philosophy (Cruyff, Ajax, Barca mold) like Erik Ten Hag for example. Bayern hired Ancelotti after Pep and it didn't work out. Now with Kovač they are a question mark. You don't see the same philosophy and are going to have to rely on buying good players. At least when you have a manager that has the same philosophy you aren't flip flopping from one managers approach to another. This is part of the reason United are neither here nor there. Going from LGV who wanted possession to Mourinho who couldn't care less about it take sa long time to adjust as well as the type of players the team needs to buy are completely different making the team a total mish mash of players.
Bottom line is we don't chuck money at players now,they have to earn it,that is not going to change,the rest is immaterial really

In a sense I do tend to agree with you. We do need good players, but we have to be realistic and know it's hard to compete with the likes of Real and Barca at times even if you throw money at players. The thing is that nobody is close to Pep on a managerial level. However, I think it will be equally important to hire a manager who follows the same philosophy (Cruyff, Ajax, Barca mold) like Erik Ten Hag for example. Bayern hired Ancelotti after Pep and it didn't work out. Now with Kovač they are a question mark. You don't see the same philosophy and are going to have to rely on buying good players. At least when you have a manager that has the same philosophy you aren't flip flopping from one managers approach to another. This is part of the reason United are neither here nor there. Going from LGV who wanted possession to Mourinho who couldn't care less about it take sa long time to adjust as well as the type of players the team needs to buy are completely different making the team a total mish mash of players.

Madrid have done most of their shopping this summer, Barcelona possibly only want De Ligt and Griezmann.

That leaves a whole list of players for City to try and snap up. If a top young prospect is exciting us, let's not hold back, let's just strike whilst the iron is hot.

I have been nothing, but positive about the club the last few years. Pep is absolutely immense, the players we have are immense and we are a brilliant, brilliant team... BUT... if we only sign Rodri and Maguire, are we really improving the team?

Considering David Silva will be leaving next season, Aguero the season after, Sane and Gundogan's futures in doubts, will those two signings be enough to kick us on and eventually win the CL? After all, if Rodri comes in and Gundogan leaves, are we weakening the midfield? I personally think Kompany is/was better than Maguire so we will be weaker in that department.

Now is the time for City to strike when the iron is hot and bring in the right players that we need. We will be going through a rebuilding job very soon, so we need to start now and start early. Rodri i am fine with, but Maguire isn't the answer for me. We need players who will come into the team and INSTANTLY make us better.
It’s far easier said than done.

It’s all great saying we should strike while the iron is hot but if the players we want aren’t available or are only available at a price that we don’t consider value for money, then we walk away. There isn’t a single player in the world (including Messi) who can come in and make a guaranteed IMPACT, not a single one.

You mention Kompany, Gundogan, Silva and Aguero leaving in the next few years but we already have the next generation of players in Ederson, Laporte, De Bruyne, Bernardo and Sterling you are ready to step up into leadership roles.

The players we buy now don’t need to be ready made superstars, they should be players who are good/very good now but also ready to make the step up themselves to prove their worth in preparation for that next cycle. For example with Rodri (if he comes) he’s still got Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo etc. to learn from and improve his own game.

It’s far easier said than done.

It’s all great saying we should strike while the iron is hot but if the players we want aren’t available or are only available at a price that we don’t consider value for money, then we walk away. There isn’t a single player in the world (including Messi) who can come in and make a guaranteed IMPACT, not a single one.

You mention Kompany, Gundogan, Silva and Aguero leaving in the next few years but we already have the next generation of players in Ederson, Laporte, De Bruyne, Bernardo and Sterling you are ready to step up into leadership roles.

The players we buy now don’t need to be ready made superstars, they should be players who are good/very good now but also ready to make the step up themselves to prove their worth in preparation for that next cycle. For example with Rodri (if he comes) he’s still got Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo etc. to learn from and improve his own game.
You are banging your head on the wall mate

This report might be accurate... we deffo need a CB and we need a DM - so contingent on other stuff we probably are in for only 2 signings. Anything else will depend upon someone else leaving like Otamendi or Danilo. As for Felix - I do actually think we might do that deal at the right price... but it’s not a priority and I did wonder if we’d sign him and either let him stay at a Benfica or given the Mendez connection loan him to Wolves.

If Sane and Danilo move on and are not replaced its problematic. The centre back issue needs resolving and if we incur a ban whilst not replacing or strengthing the season ahead will be difficult. The fans favourites or what Dan he regarded as a first pick 11 cant be expected to play a 60, 70 game season. City have work to do in this window and the prospect of a ban increases that urgency.

Have you wondered if the club tell the scouts who are scouting thoße players who we are not interested in, that actually we are not interested in them, or do you think that the scouts actually think we are interested in those players, though we are not?
I was thinking more like we identify 5 targets for a position, keep our primary target as quiet as possible but allow leaks for the 4th and 5th options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.