It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

In this market and in football today, young players are everything, any club signing him will most likely have to pay those wages, and he'll come good for whichever side he ends up at likely.

Him going to PSG rather than us is no different. Chance of winning all domestic titles, shot at CL every year n that. It just makes people feel better saying that he greedy or else lol.

Wages are messed up at most top clubs, look at Barça and Madrid. Means little in larger scheme of things, if any club is desperate they would care little of his wage demands. We're clearly not, and also because we don't want to end up like the big clubs with their finances and debts in future. But in doing so we'll always end up missing out on some big targets like that.

In comparison to the premier league title, the french title means fuck all.

PSG have very few difficult games in that league.

The challenge is much less than it is to win our league.

The only reasons anyone goes there is a) they’re French and/or b) they’re a greedy ****.

It’d be like Celtic getting a massive injection of money and every **** and his dog going there to ‘win the domestic trophies and have a shot at the CL’.

This, if Sane leaves we’ll sign Joao Felix, line makes me laugh. Like that’s up to us and we are in control of all aspects of this.
Others want him, he has options, Sane might decide to leave after his holidays and Felix might have been sold by then also.

De Ligt won’t sign for us as he’s not guaranteed to start when he signs. PSG, Barca, Utd, Liverpool can all offer him that and wages just as good as ours if not more.

Rodri is the only one who’ll more than likely sign. (And Harry Maguire probably will as well because when I don’t want us to sign a specific player we are linked with they usually always do, except Johnny Evans, thank Christ).
PSG, Barca and Liverpool all have more and better and more options at CB than us right now. You are off your trolley, he'd be a guaranteed starter here. Pep doesn't seem to trust Stones in important matches and Otamendi is not a pep type player

Yeah I agree that if we had to move one it would be Nico, but I don’t think we need to with the amount of games we have, we are guaranteed to get injuries throughout the season so I think they would all get a decent amount of game time without chopping and changing week in week out
If De Ligt was the one brought in rather than Maguire I think as well as Otamendi wanting to go as far as I can see including Sandler that would take the non homegrown to 19 ( assuming we get Rodri )so as well as Sandler needing a loan Otamendi would have to go, or we sell Danilo and get a homegrown right back to get us back to 17..

Rodri
Manolas
Cancelo to get signed up

Sane
Gundogan
Otamendi to stay

= Good summer

Catalist-Him going to PSG rather than us is no different. Chance of winning all domestic titles, shot at CL every year n that. It just makes people feel better saying that he greedy or else lol.

karen7

It's a huge difference,easy life in france knowing you will win everything,here you are one of 20 teams who can win anything and beat each other,strange view you have there

PSG, Barca and Liverpool all have more and better and more options at CB than us right now. You are off your trolley, he'd be a guaranteed starter here. Pep doesn't seem to trust Stones in important matches and Otamendi is not a pep type player

Stones, Laporte and still Otamendi. 3 international standard CBs. Pep has worked with all 3 for 3 years. Knows their games inside out and they know Pep and how he wants them to play.

Otamendi isn’t a Pep type player? He has been for 3 years and was given a new deal under Pep. Just because he didn’t play as much just means someone else was impressing Pep more at the time. All of them have been left out at some point.

To me and you it might be a no contest for De Ligt to be in front of maybe Stones and Otamendi but in the real world he would have to learn the ropes, toughen up for the physical demands of the Prem, learn Peps way, gain his trust etc. Something the other 3 all have over De Ligt if he were to sign.

De Ligt to you might be a shinier new toy and would get into your ‘11’ on paper but in the real world he would be up against it in his first season to be a 30 odd game regular. Of course he has the talent to be and I’m sure he could eventually be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Hence though why I think it would be easier for him to sign for the other clubs and also get very well paid for it.

He’d have to be up to the challenge and really wanna come here for us to even attempt to sign him.

Last edited:
Stones, Laporte and still Otamendi. 3 international standard CBs. Pep has worked with all 3 for 3 years. Knows their games inside out and they know Pep and how he wants them to play.

Otamendi isn’t a Pep type player? He has been for 3 years and was given a new deal under Pep. Just because he didn’t play as much just means someone else was impressing Pep more at the time. All of them have been left out at some point.

To me and you it might be a no contest for De Ligt to be in front of maybe Stones and Otamendi but in the real world he would have to learn the ropes, toughen up for the physical demands of the Prem, learn Peps way, gain his trust etc. Something the other 3 all have over De Ligt if he were to sign.

De Ligt to you might be a shinier new toy and would get into your ‘11’ on paper but in the real world he would be up against it in his first season to be a 30 odd game regular. Of course he has the talent to be and I’m sure he could eventually be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Hence though why I think it would be easier for him to sign for the other clubs and also get very well paid for it.

He’d have to be up to the challenge and really wanna come here for us to even attempt to sign him.
That’s the very thing I love most about Pep, he gives absolutely no fucks about names and reputations, he picks the team based on who is playing well at any given time. Stones and Laporte started last season on fire, they were outstanding but as soon as Stones form dipped he was out and Vinny got his chance and didn’t let go. The only one who survived bad form really was Walker (for a month or two) but Danilo wasn’t 100% fit so there wasn’t really a decision to be made, however even he came very good at the end of the season.

Very true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.