It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Good for you. Otamendi and Stones more than convince me, they're a huge part of the reason we got 198 points in the last two seasons.

Fair enough. I think the fact that neither played a significant part in last seasons title run in speaks volumes.

It's a risk we don't need to take, and having someone like Fernandinho just feels like a sideways step.

No mate he was not , when he first went there the press tried to butcher him, but he worked through that playing out of position quite a lot of times, he was one of the better players quite a lot of the time

Really? How many appearances. Didn’t see him starting regularly, particularly 2nd half of the season.

Fair enough. I think the fact that neither played a significant part in last seasons title run in speaks volumes.

It's a risk we don't need to take, and having someone like Fernandinho just feels like a sideways step.
Have to agree with this. Kompany played game after game in the title run in which he hadn't done in a long time, Stones and Otto probably couldn't be trusted in those games in the run in, As much as Iike the two of them they do have a mistake in their game.
Stones need to be far more aggressive as been a centre back hes too nice to be a centre back he needs that bit between his teeth in a tackle.
We need to buy another centre back, There's no way we can go into next season with three centre backs.

Is is not the case that alderweireld has a £25 mil release clause this summer? If so, we would be stupid not to go for him. We are left with stones laporte and otamendi as our only centre halves,with Eric Garcia likely to be promoted to the first team squad. We are crying out for a senior CB with leadership qualities who is good on the ball and preferably with premier league experience as well to settle in quickly. He ticks absolutely every box and at 30 yo he still has plenty to offer the side over the next few years. We were happy to pay double for a 29 yo bonucci a season or two back so I don't see any reason we would be against this deal.

Here's one - he's a foreign player and we're already oversubscribed at the moment. Who would you forgo to bring him in?

Why this is so hard for people to grasp this is beyond me...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we didn't sign another centre half. We went through all last season with just one recognised defensive midfielder, and we still have three centre halves at the minute . I think we're done in the market.

I’d prefer to bring in Cancelo than get a CB. I just think that getting more from our fullbacks is the most important improvement required.

As for CB, I’ll just pretend Kompany was still with us but got injured the day the window shut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.