It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

I love gabby’s qualitys but he’ll never be our 30 goal a season go to man like sergio, a real problem is on the horizon
Do we need a 30 goal a season striker? Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t swap Sergio and his goals for the world but like for like replacements are impossible to find.

It’s similar to the Toure situation, most people were begging to sign Pogba as he was deemed the most similar player at the time. We went down a different route with KDB and Silva in #8 roles which very few predicted and even fewer predicted would work in the Premier League on a “cold, wet night in Stoke”.

You should always play to the individuals and teams strengths. If we lose Aguero’s goals but Jesus creates more space and chances for the likes of Foden & Sterling to exploit then we could easily make those goals up in different ways just like we did with Toure’s passing and goals.

Do we need a 30 goal a season striker? Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t swap Sergio and his goals for the world but like for like replacements are impossible to find.

It’s similar to the Toure situation, most people were begging to sign Pogba as he was deemed the most similar player at the time. We went down a different route with KDB and Silva in #8 roles which very few predicted and even fewer predicted would work in the Premier League on a “cold, wet night in Stoke”.

You should always play to the individuals and teams strengths. If we lose Aguero’s goals but Jesus creates more space and chances for the likes of Foden & Sterling to exploit then we could easily make those goals up in different ways just like we did with Toure’s passing and goals.

We're never going to find an exact replica of Sergio. That's why he's so special. As you say though, we don't need his exact replica. Look at how we played in this pre season. The forward line was able to interchange between positions and get in behind far more as they are much more mobile.

Mbappe would be a dream signing as he seems to have the eye for goal and the movement to cause maximum damage.

Jesus will be an excellent first choice striker by the time Sergio fades away. You could see the penny dropping with him for Brazil in the summer. I think he'll do very well this season and continue to improve as he gets stronger and more experienced.

We'll be on the look out for a mobile forward with good pressing that can score goals. We'll find one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.