It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

We're never going to find an exact replica of Sergio. That's why he's so special. As you say though, we don't need his exact replica. Look at how we played in this pre season. The forward line was able to interchange between positions and get in behind far more as they are much more mobile.

Mbappe would be a dream signing as he seems to have the eye for goal and the movement to cause maximum damage.

Jesus will be an excellent first choice striker by the time Sergio fades away. You could see the penny dropping with him for Brazil in the summer. I think he'll do very well this season and continue to improve as he gets stronger and more experienced.

We'll be on the look out for a mobile forward with good pressing that can score goals. We'll find one.
I really hope Jesus steps up into that role over the next two years, because if he doesn’t we’re going to have a hell of a time trying to buy anyone near Sergio’s level in the type of deal we’ve been doing over the last two summers. Strikers don’t come cheap, and the only ones I think could plausibly do the job are 150m type players.

Last edited:
Can anyone disagree that Barney Daniels was the absolute worst striker we ever brought through, even though the competition is pitiful?

Watched Barney at Ashton United and it was unbelievable when he came to City. 11 appearances and 2 goals in what 2 years. My favourite player of all time (for a reason) hence my dedicated user name on here. In frustration always remember my dad shouting ‘Come on Barney’. A real reminder to us all where we have come from :)

Watched Barney at Ashton United and it was unbelievable when he came to City. 11 appearances and 2 goals in what 2 years. My favourite player of all time (for a reason) hence my dedicated user name on here. In frustration always remember my dad shouting ‘Come on Barney’. A real reminder to us all where we have come from :)

As he couldn’t do anything except strike the ball incredibly hard the crowd used to urge him to shoot as soon as he got into the opposition half. He invariably did and yet another 45 yard thunderbolt would go sailing over the bar :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.