It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

This is a general transfer question; if it’s deadline day and for whatever reason we want to sign a lad from japan, could we do it?
Or can you only complete signings of players within commuting distance?
As far as im aware distance isn't an issue as the papers are sent electronically (the good old fax machine).

"Would be fine"?

"Can do a job"?

"Looks nailed on to be in the first team next year"?

Sounds like a hope list, & not the type of forward planning a team who wants to conquer Europe & retain a treble would be looking to implement.
I'd argue that this is exactly the forward planning we have been doing: Garcia introduced to the first team in cup games and first team training in season 1 then provides back up in season 2. Harwood Bellis does the same one season later.

I'd argue that this is exactly the forward planning we have been doing: Garcia introduced to the first team in cup games and first team training in season 1 then provides back up in season 2. Harwood Bellis does the same one season later.
Tosin did the same two seasons ago. We've lost Kompany. We have an out of form Stones & a 32 year old Otamendi. Garcia & Harewood Bellis will get their opportunities in the future. Right now we need top class reinforcements for this & next season, & I doubt having a couple of backup teenagers is a policy we should be pursuing.

As this week has shown, all it takes is one CB injury & our whole season could be derailed.

I can see Pep thinking he can use Walker as a CB if Cancelo signs, thus no need to panic buy a CB especially now Otamendi has apparently stated he wants to stay.

As well as Otamendi we also have Rodri, who has publicly stated that he can play there, in addition to Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Fernandinho, Walker, Stones and Laporte absolutely no need for further investment IMO.

I see were back to declaring Walker as a cb option now. We took 2 cbs on tour and harwood-bellis, Perfect opportunity for Walker to get minutes there if Pep has intentions to play him there, yet he didn’t put him there once and even choose Danilo to fill in ahead of him, I thought that would have put to bed the Walker at CB theory if the utterly disastrous England experiment didn’t already do that.

As well as Otamendi we also have Rodri, who has publicly stated that he can play there, in addition to Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Fernandinho, Walker, Stones and Laporte absolutely no need for further investment IMO.

Exactly this those funds can be used in Jan or summer to strengthen Futher if and when we need to.

I see were back to declaring Walker as a cb option now. We took 2 cbs on tour and harwood-bellis, Perfect opportunity for Walker to get minutes there if Pep has intentions to play him there, yet he didn’t put him there once and even choose Danilo to fill in ahead of him, I thought that would have put to bed the Walker at CB theory if the utterly disastrous England experiment didn’t already do that.
Keep seeing it was disastrous for England, can't say that was my memory of it, we did get to the semis and I can't remember any particularly disastrous performances from Walker.

He made 26 appearances last season that’s not far away from half the games. Yes he was injured a lot but that’s still a good amount of games. And we were very lucky in that Laporte didn’t get injured all season bar a small knock, it’s unrealistic to assume that will happen again.

Kompany came into the side at a time when Stones was badly out of form and off the back of an injury, otamendi wasn’t much better and had got himself in Peps bad books getting himself needlessly sent off and Laporte was being flogged, aside from what he brought to the side through his leadership qualities we needed a fresh pair of legs and he provided it.

Yes, and much like the Fernandinho situation last season we will adapt and not just cope but thrive. Let’s not forget Pep actually opted for Fernandinho over Stones, Otamendi & Kompany in a few games.

Kompany was a fantastic servant, and that’s an understatement but he’s gone now, much like YaYa that problem will be solved rather than replaced and it won’t be like for like because that’s frankly impossible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.